Okay, I experienced another crash related to this Office Software Protection Platform. This should be a problem with eLicense then. Once I get that Office Software Protection Platform is deactivated in the event viewer, I can start CMSF.

I couldn't find a way to stop this Office Software Protection Platform, is there a workaround with CMSF elicense files?

I found a way to stop Office Software Protection, CMSF became able to start, disabled the Software Protection too, but the game crashed again and wont start back.

I tested all of this with DEP on, going to try with him off and with CM Shock Force and Runservice.exe ticked.

Im almost 4 to 5 hours today trying to find a solution.

I still think this Office Software Protection Platform and Software Protection SPP is related to the game crashing, but theres something more.

What do you think?

Edit: Tested with DEP off, no good results.

Even the IP block couldn't be solved.

Edited by Andre Calais Salles

The 'Office Software Protection Platform' is the licensing service for Microsoft Office (2010 or newer). I wouldn't have suspected this of causing any problems, but you can possibly go into the 'Services' control panel and disable it (and re-enable it before running any Office programs) and see if that has any effect when running CMSF again.

You say that you have a license key for a 'patch'. Did you purchase the 1.21 patch ? This should have only been necessary for customers who purchased the CDV retail version of CMSF (NOT the version that comes from Battlefront.com directly). The patch for the Battlefront version is free. CDV discontinued supporting CMSF before the 1.21 patch came out and the 1.21 patch converts the game to a Battlefront/eLicense copy-protected version that can use the newer patches. Installing any of the modules for CMSF will also convert it to Battlefront/eLicense, with the exception of the NATO module which needs 1.21 installed BEFORE it is installed (and you didn't purchase either the Marines or British Forces modules). If you purchased CMSF directly from Battlefront, then only one license key was needed.

I ran CMSF (with all modules and version 1.32) with the Radeon R9 290 and the 17.11.2 drivers and it worked fine playing a Quick Battle to conclusion (about 35 minutes in this case). I just used the default settings of CMSF, while running at 1920 x 1200 resolution.

The thread where you found mention of the 9.11driver fixing an issue is when the bug originally existed that would crash CMSF after 5 - 20 minutes of play. DO NOT INSTALL that driver. It will not work with your Radeon R7 265, which needs a much newer driver to run (i.e. - the 9.11 driver does not support the Radeon R7 265).

Edited by Schrullenhaft

25 minutes ago, Schrullenhaft said:

The 'Office Software Protection Platform' is the licensing service for Microsoft Office (2010 or newer). I wouldn't have suspected this of causing any problems, but you can possibly go into the 'Services' control panel and disable it (and re-enable it before running any Office programs) and see if that has any effect when running CMSF again.

You say that you have a license key for a 'patch'. Did you purchase the 1.21 patch ? This should have only been necessary for customers who purchased the CDV retail version of CMSF (NOT the version that comes from Battlefront.com directly). The patch for the Battlefront version is free. CDV discontinued supporting CMSF before the 1.21 patch came out and the 1.21 patch converts the game to a Battlefront/eLicense copy-protected version that can use the newer patches. Installing any of the modules for CMSF will also convert it to Battlefront/eLicense, with the exception of the NATO module which needs 1.21 installed BEFORE it is installed (and you didn't purchase either the Marines or British Forces modules). If you purchased CMSF directly from Battlefront, then only one license key was needed.

I ran CMSF (with all modules and version 1.32) with the Radeon R9 290 and the 17.11.2 drivers and it worked fine playing a Quick Battle to conclusion (about 35 minutes in this case). I just used the default settings of CMSF, while running at 1920 x 1200 resolution.

The thread where you found mention of the 9.11driver fixing an issue is when the bug originally existed that would crash CMSF after 5 - 20 minutes of play. DO NOT INSTALL that driver. It will not work with your Radeon R7 265, which needs a much newer driver to run (i.e. - the 9.11 driver does not support the Radeon R7 265).

I disabled the office platform and still had ctd.

Yes, I bought the patch. Ill uninstall the game and install the free battlefront 121 patch then and see if that is the problem. I dont believe that is the problem cause the game worked fine on my other pc.

I have 200+ games on my pc, the only one glitching right now is cmsf. Thats whats keeping me from cleaning my pc from zero.

By the way, my win 7 64 bit is original.

Thanks!

The 'free' 1.21 patch will not be any different from the version you purchased. So it should be unnecessary to reinstall solely to see if the 'free' version would provide different results.

Assuming that the base CMSF game was version 1.10 or 1.11 you would need to then install the 1.21 patch, the 1.31 patch and finally the 1.32 patch.

Go to the 'Services' control panel (within 'Administrative Tools') and look for the 'LicCtrlService'. Make sure that it is started or if necessary, restart it. This is the eLicense service ('runservice.exe') and it needs to be running for the game to run.

If the game is not launching, definitely use the 'Run as administrator' option with the right-click to launch it.

The one major difference between CMSF and the rest of your games is that CMSF is OpenGL, while the rest are very likely DirectX. This will make a difference for the video drivers (which support both graphics APIs, but there is different code within the driver supporting each API).

The CTD is likely either something with the video drivers or some other interfering program. If CMSF is able to launch, then we need to know exactly what else is loaded up that may be interfering. Perhaps a list of all the programs in the 'Processes' listing in the Task Manager may help.

4 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

The 'free' 1.21 patch will not be any different from the version you purchased. So it should be unnecessary to reinstall solely to see if the 'free' version would provide different results.

Assuming that the base CMSF game was version 1.10 or 1.11 you would need to then install the 1.21 patch, the 1.31 patch and finally the 1.32 patch.

Go to the 'Services' control panel (within 'Administrative Tools') and look for the 'LicCtrlService'. Make sure that it is started or if necessary, restart it. This is the eLicense service ('runservice.exe') and it needs to be running for the game to run.

If the game is not launching, definitely use the 'Run as administrator' option with the right-click to launch it.

The one major difference between CMSF and the rest of your games is that CMSF is OpenGL, while the rest are very likely DirectX. This will make a difference for the video drivers (which support both graphics APIs, but there is different code within the driver supporting each API).

The CTD is likely either something with the video drivers or some other interfering program. If CMSF is able to launch, then we need to know exactly what else is loaded up that may be interfering. Perhaps a list of all the programs in the 'Processes' listing in the Task Manager may help.

I just reinstalled it and tried starting the game, quiting and starting again. I could start it 5 times but on the 6th the game stopped starting again. It just gives a quick loading on the cursor and it does nothing. As I was writting this post I tried starting it again and it was succesful, I quitted tried again and no success. I keep giving attempts to start it and I can't predict when it will work, its random. Today is lauching more than expected at least.

I played for 30 minutes and the game crashed, but now I could launch back after the crash. I launched once, quitted and couldnt launch anymore.

Very weird bug.

Even when crashing on launch, the game appears on processes tab.

I'll try switch to intel hd graphics to see if the problem is the video card.

The only possible thing that in my processes tab that could be interfering with the game is a brazilian bank app that runs two processes: gbpsv.exe (g buster browser defence) and core.exe, but I doubt that it is.

Do you know how can I see in event viewer what is crashing the game?

This is my processes tab:

image.thumb.png.3bf916615d2b950599bcb63ec834f377.png

When I had CMN I had no problem ever, games are differente in any way?

Fixed!

(At least no crashes for like 1 hr of play, neither for starting and quiting the game)

Looks like this is a brazilian problem. The bank .exes I told you was the problem. I found a software called Warsaw from GAS Tecnologia. core.exe and gbpsv.exe was beign generated by this software and somehow crashing the game, probably because of the license. This is an old software from one of the brazilian bank apps. I uninstalled it, both .exe disappeared and the game stop crashing.

If ou guys have more brazilian costumers experiencing this problem tell them to delete this software.

We actually dont need these bank apps on PC anymore because we can use them on smartphone now, so its better to just delete them, they keep interfering in other programs.

Thank you guys so much for your patience and attention!!!

May I ask... I'll be at NY on 15 of january to 19, do you guys have physical copies on sotres over there?

Good troubleshooting. The current (original) version of CMSF uses the eLicense copy-protection system. Since CMBN Battlefront has used a copy-protection system that they call the 'Online Activation System' or something to that effect. It is a different copy-protection system that does NOT have an unlicense function. There is no external 'service' and everything is wrapped up in an encryption system (which occasionally trips up some anti-virus/security programs with false positives). I don't know if CMBN and newer games would run into the same issue with the banking security software that CMSF did.

I can only guess that the banking security software may have been going out and possibly shutting down programs/services that it doesn't recognize (most likely the 'runservice.exe') in order to prevent key-logging or some other eavesdropping program from taking your banking credentials.

As IanL mentioned, there are no retail copies of Battlefront games. CMSF was the last game that Battlefront allowed another retail distributor to carry and since then the games have only been available on the website.

@Schrullenhaft; You are a saint, my friend. I have seen you help many players over the years (myself included), and man, you truly went to bat on this one. I tip my hat to you and thank you on behalf of all of us who have roamed these forums since the early days. You are truly appreciated.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

On 11/19/2017 at 8:31 AM, Andre Calais Salles said:

Fixed!

(At least no crashes for like 1 hr of play, neither for starting and quiting the game)

Looks like this is a brazilian problem. The bank .exes I told you was the problem. I found a software called Warsaw from GAS Tecnologia. core.exe and gbpsv.exe was beign generated by this software and somehow crashing the game, probably because of the license. This is an old software from one of the brazilian bank apps. I uninstalled it, both .exe disappeared and the game stop crashing.

If ou guys have more brazilian costumers experiencing this problem tell them to delete this software.

We actually dont need these bank apps on PC anymore because we can use them on smartphone now, so its better to just delete them, they keep interfering in other programs.

Thank you guys so much for your patience and attention!!!

May I ask... I'll be at NY on 15 of january to 19, do you guys have physical copies on sotres over there?

Honestly I never recommend folks getting physical media anymore. Just forces you to worry about patches anyway.  Once you buy the game you can always just download the full installer and save it.  They release a patch or engine upgrade, just download the full installer again.  Makes re installing a snap and your are always current   

if for some reason you really want physical material you could try having it shipped to your hotel, but your schedule looks kind of tight for  that.

On 20/11/2017 at 7:45 PM, Mord said:

@Schrullenhaft; You are a saint, my friend. I have seen you help many players over the years (myself included), and man, you truly went to bat on this one. I tip my hat to you and thank you on behalf of all of us who have roamed these forums since the early days. You are truly appreciated.

Mord.

I agree, the man is a hero. Thx Mr. @Schrullenhaft 

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Honestly I never recommend folks getting physical media anymore. Just forces you to worry about patches anyway.  Once you buy the game you can always just download the full installer and save it.  They release a patch or engine upgrade, just download the full installer again.  Makes re installing a snap and your are always current   

if for some reason you really want physical material you could try having it shipped to your hotel, but your schedule looks kind of tight for  that.

I'll be at Canada too from 16 of december to 15 of january. I was asking because buying physical copies lets me escape brazilian absurd taxes. But I agree, digital media is way better.

Every dollar for us is 1 real multiplied by 3.5. If I compare with steam, Black Sea is way more expensive than Total War Warhammer on launch.

But the CM series are a beautiful... been playing a lot now had no problems anymore, what a game...