PIAT spotted too easily when firing?

Just had a PIAT team crawl into position in a hedgerow to fire at a tank 110m away. It missed, but immediately it was spotted and engaged by the two enemy tanks, as well as a team in a building (all about 140m distance).

Since the PIAT has no exhaust smoke when firing (at least that I know of), should it be easy to spot when firing?

Both enemy tanks were buttoned up.

The PIAT is triggered by a blank cartridge.  If am correct it's not completely silent and smokeless.

http://modernfirearms.net/en/grenade-launchers/united-kingdom-grenade-launchers/piat-eng/

"...the launching charge (made in the form of a special blank cartridge) is loaded into the closed front of the tail tube at the factory."

Also interesting:  "After first shot, spigot is recocked automatically due to the recoil blast."  So, no standing up to load it in middle of battle as sometimes thought.

Edited by Erwin

Yeah, in contrast...There was a Schrek 100 yards in front of my AC and it shot 3x w/o being spotted...AC didn't even fall back after the 1st or 2nd Schrek rounds (2nd shot exploded right in front of AC), but instead got hit on third.

I would have expected the AC (in Good Order) to at least have backed away after the 1st or 2nd Round.

Edited by JoMc67

On 11/10/2017 at 7:16 PM, JoMc67 said:

Yeah, in contrast...There was a Schrek 100 yards in front of my AC and it shot 3x w/o being spotted...AC didn't even fall back after the 1st or 2nd Schrek rounds (2nd shot exploded right in front of AC), but instead got hit on third.

I would have expected the AC (in Good Order) to at least have backed away after the 1st or 2nd Round.

This has happened to me – too many times :D

On the flip side, I’ve lost count of the number of PsK teams annihilated after they’ve only just started to sight their weapon...