Scenario Editor . . . needing step-by-step instructions

Just now, rocketman said:

You can't load saved games or campaigns into the editor. Campaigns can be "unpacked" using a special program someone made (can't remember the name) to individual scenario files that can then be loaded in the editor.

Wow.  That makes the SE really weak.  I hope the person who made the special program you mentioned chimes in.  Thanks!

I'd have to say, of all the games I've ever owned, the editor in CM is one of, if not the, strongest.

Drawbacks? Sure. It can be a bit arcane, but all of the information is in the manual. Advanced techniques are available on the forum. The editor is a tool which leverages the game engine and makes CM the one game which has always been on my hard drive.

Every game owner has the same tools to create battles and campaigns which were used by the developers. That's rare.

12 minutes ago, c3k said:

I'd have to say, of all the games I've ever owned, the editor in CM is one of, if not the, strongest.

Drawbacks? Sure. It can be a bit arcane, but all of the information is in the manual. Advanced techniques are available on the forum. The editor is a tool which leverages the game engine and makes CM the one game which has always been on my hard drive.

Every game owner has the same tools to create battles and campaigns which were used by the developers. That's rare.

+1

2 hours ago, Sasa Narinasa said:

Wow.  That makes the SE really weak.  I hope the person who made the special program you mentioned chimes in.  Thanks!

This is the program that "unpacks" campaigns to individual scenarios that can then be modified using the editor.  it is one of my favorite CM tools..keep in mind it does NOT work on CMSF.

CMx2 ScAnCaDe V2.0 By Mad Mike

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5186

• 3 weeks later...