Festung La Gleize

Building a scenario based around La Gleize / Cheneux / Stoumont from 20th December and I have a couple of questions around KG Peiper's order of battle at that time.

1. Did he have any SP Arty (Wespes.etc), or was it all Towed?

2. Were elements of the Fallschrimjaegar still with him?

3.What towed AT PaK weapons did he have available, if any?

I'm using the master map provided in game which is amazing, but with damage from the previous fighting, so destroying church tower, viaducts.

Any info on the weather for the valley at that time would be great, probably going thick fog or light fog/drizzle.

Thanks in advance

KG Peiper had the 6 SP 150mm guns of 13th SS Pz Heavy Infantry Co, together with the1st SS Pz Arty Bn, (towed), comprising 3 batteries of 6x 105mm pieces

Edit

Just to add having checked the 150mm were Hummels. It is worth noting that both units suffered losses before arriving in the La Gleize area and so were not at full strength when they deployed there.

So no Wespes. 

PS as the map maker I'm really pleased to see someone doing this. I am a little surprised the map has not seen more use.

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

1 hour ago, Pete Wenman said:

KG Peiper had the 6 SP 150mm guns of 13th SS Pz Heavy Infantry Co, together with the1st SS Pz Arty Bn, (towed), comprising 3 batteries of 6x 105mm pieces

Edit

Just to add having checked the 150mm were Hummels. It is worth noting that both units suffered losses before arriving in the La Gleize area and so were not at full strength when they deployed there.

So no Wespes. 

PS as the map maker I'm really pleased to see someone doing this. I am a little surprised the map has not seen more use.

P

Were they?  They should have been the 150mm Grille rather than Hummels.

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:
2 hours ago, Pete Wenman said:

Were they?  They should have been the 150mm Grille rather than Hummels.

Yep my bad - 13th ko. were indeed Grille.  3rd Bn SS Paz Arty had the one  Hummel that was lost at Coo while attempting to get to La Gleize.

Edited by Pete Wenman

21 hours ago, Pete Wenman said:

[snip]

P

Anyone who is interested in making maps should study this master map. It is a masterpiece. Loaded it up in the editor just to have a look again and the landscape is very real looking.

+1 to Rocketman's comment.

I know I've posted some time back about how stunning this map is.  Just can't find the post and screenshots I included.  Thanks again, Pete.  The map looks great in any season, but at night with shadows and eventually burning AFVs, it is really immersive.

I played a quick battle on this map covered with snow at night.  You could almost feel the cold as the pixeltruppen looked out over the valley, partially hidden in the treeline.

Heinrich505