Win10 Update

LiveNoMore

Help! 

Today I had a major Win10 update on my computer. I can open and play all my games with the exception of the ones I am currently playing PBEM. One of the games, FI, is in the beginning stages, but the other, FB, is in the last 2 minutes of a long and hard fought battle!

The games open to the password screen but will not accept the password.  Anyone else seen something like this?

Thanks guys!

Try making a search for an even newer Win 10 update via settings. I just saw that I'm running 1709, so it must have updated again after the problematic 1703.

Also, I have Windows 10 Home version, maybe problem is due to Win 10 Professional?

Edited by rocketman

Ouch. I am running Win10 1703 pro and have no issues (I have been on that version for months now). There is a few surprises in 1709 apparently (Capture one had to release a patch for their product to run). So, I was not rushing to go there but sounds like @rocketman is doing OK with it. If the game is letting you get to the pw screen then it is beyond a problem with Windows Defender or other AV product.

What is happening after you enter your password? Are you getting a message that the pass word is wrong?

OK, got it fixed. Version 1703 was downloaded to the computer and it messed up the password control for CM Helper plus my surround sound system. I went to the Microsoft site and found version 1709. Downloaded and installed that and now everything is working correctly!

So I could pay the last move in the game with Rocketman only to find out that he beat me with a Tactical Victory!