More Sturmgewehr 44's please!!!

28 minutes ago, Sasa Narinasa said:

Just installed my copy of CMFB yesterday . . . is there a way to give my German infantry more Sturmgewehr 44's?  

I think it stinks that out of two platoons of infantry, only one soldat is armed with one!

Yes, yes - I know:  historical accuracy/rarity . . .

Off the top of my head, try the VG formations.  I am pretty sure they get a heavier complement.

Volksgrenadiers; These are the Formations created when the 44' Germans finally went into Full-Time War Production...These are mainly men ages roughly 30-40 yrs old.

Volkssturm; These are the End-of-War Units formed purely in defense of the Fatherland...These are men over the above age, and Teens.

4 hours ago, Sasa Narinasa said:

Aren't they the "old man - young boy" brigade???

Not at all. They were a new TOE which tried to tie together production abilities and lessons learned. One of those lessons was the effectiveness of automatic weapons. You should find that one complete squad in each platoon is fully equipped with StGs. They're the Assault Squad. You could dive into the editor and strip out the non-StG squads and have as many StGs as your heart desires. ;)

Most (although not all) Volksgrenadier Divisions were based on earlier Infanterie Divisions, that had suffered heavy losses, particularly in the summer of 1944. A prime example being 352 VG Division which was formed in September '44 from the remains of 352 Infanterie Division which had been pretty much destroyed in Normandy. As mentioned above, not only did take they on new recruits, they also built on previous experiences, having more SMG's being a very noticeable feature. 

16 hours ago, c3k said:

Not at all. They were a new TOE which tried to tie together production abilities and lessons learned. One of those lessons was the effectiveness of automatic weapons. You should find that one complete squad in each platoon is fully equipped with StGs. They're the Assault Squad. You could dive into the editor and strip out the non-StG squads and have as many StGs as your heart desires. ;)

Thanks!  :)

12 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Most (although not all) Volksgrenadier Divisions were based on earlier Infanterie Divisions, that had suffered heavy losses, particularly in the summer of 1944. A prime example being 352 VG Division which was formed in September '44 from the remains of 352 Infanterie Division which had been pretty much destroyed in Normandy. As mentioned above, not only did take they on new recruits, they also built on previous experiences, having more SMG's being a very noticeable feature. 

Thanks!

No, the StG44 was replacing the MP40 in production. In fact, I think the MP40 is a bit over represented in VG companies in this game, not to mention the Gebirgsjäger units where the "MP" from the TOE was apparently taken to mean MP40 (It meant StG44s). Missing StG44s were usually not replaced by additional MP40, but G43s, Beretta smgs or just K98ks.