Small arms repatriation

superwoz

Can anyone point me to a website or forum article on how we gamers can choose our own small arms 'order of importance' collection? The current settings for retrieving weapons from the KIA and WIA's isn't to my liking. If this hasn't been discussed before would someone be so kind as to explain the process to reconfigure the settings for any of us who are interested in more ways transform our gaming experience.  

One thing that should be noted, is not all weapons on the ground are considered functional, depending how the guy carrying them was killed.

22 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I still want my UnCons to nick the other side's gear (& maybe cut their throats while they're about it).  :ph34r:

Just area target the ground wounded enemies are on while in hand grenade range. Throw a few grenades, and those wounded dudes will be KIA in no time.

Tricky to do via the AI.  ;)

The idea behind this was to encourage players to adopt the 'we don't leave our people behind' concept.....In the event your wounded troops are left in a location with live UnCons, the UnCons would, after buddy aiding their own, begin to systematically finish off your wounded troops using a similar automated process.  This would really put the pressure on players to get their fallen men properly evacuated, exactly as we see in real life.

I also think it would be realistic for conventional units to provide 'non-buddy-aid' to fallen enemies, adding them to the missing/captured total for the scenario.

Weapon recovery in either scenario might be cool, particularly for UnCons as it would again encourage players not to just leave that Javelin team lying there in a pool of claret, surrounded by Abu Hajars:ph34r:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 4:15 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

the UnCons would, after buddy aiding their own, begin to systematically finish off your wounded troops using a similar automated process.  This would really put the pressure on players to get their fallen men properly evacuated, exactly as we see in real life.

Maybe we will see this in an upcoming Rudyard Kipling expansion module?

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains

and the women come out to cut up what remains

Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains

and go to your god like a soldier

Edited by Bulletpoint