Stupid units names removal

Playing River of Blood in Final Blitzkreig and having to suffer the idiotic names given to units which I not only hate but find remove a lot of the historical flavour from the game. For example some of my units are called Panther for an infantry HQ, Spigot for infantry platoons, Pz35t (Dutch Army) for Panzer IV units. Many of the scenarios contain these kind of stupid names and on both sides. Is there a file which removes these names and replaces them with historical designations? Or failing that is it possible to edit the historical scenarios to remove this kind rubbish? 

1 hour ago, Bolldar said:

Playing River of Blood in Final Blitzkreig and having to suffer the idiotic names given to units which I not only hate but find remove a lot of the historical flavour from the game. For example some of my units are called Panther for an infantry HQ, Spigot for infantry platoons, Pz35t (Dutch Army) for Panzer IV units. Many of the scenarios contain these kind of stupid names and on both sides. Is there a file which removes these names and replaces them with historical designations? Or failing that is it possible to edit the historical scenarios to remove this kind rubbish? 

Is FB your only installed game? Do you own other CM games? Are they all in the same Program Files directory? 

While a mod is likely the culprit, I've had a similar issue happen when I was testing the demos for the various CM2 games. I had extracted all the downloaded .zip files to the same folder before running the installers. I believe the issue comes from a .brz file containing an inappropriate strings.txt being present in the game's data directory.

Edited by Xorg_Xalargsky

59 minutes ago, Bolldar said:

Thanks for the replies guys, I am running no mods, so will check my version.

If you have no mods then you must have loaded some other game BRZs in your data folder.  Check that maybe provide a screenshot and folks will be able to help.

What you should have for version 2 game engine 4.0 is the following

final blitzkrieg v100a
final blitzkrieg v100b
final blitzkrieg v100c
final blitzkrieg v100d
final blitzkrieg v100e
final blitzkrieg v100f
final blitzkrieg v100g
final blitzkrieg v101
final blitzkrieg v102
final blitzkrieg v200

Check the documents user data folder for the game as well.

Edited by sburke

I have found that I am having a whole bunch of other issues as well so think my install is corrupt though I have had the  name issues from the get go. I am now finding that command buttons are mixed up ie I click facing and the unit pops smoke in that direction which makes the game essentially unplayable. I am downloading the game from scratch but unsure of order of patches etc anyone able to help with that?

1 hour ago, Bolldar said:

I have found that I am having a whole bunch of other issues as well so think my install is corrupt though I have had the  name issues from the get go. I am now finding that command buttons are mixed up ie I click facing and the unit pops smoke in that direction which makes the game essentially unplayable. I am downloading the game from scratch but unsure of order of patches etc anyone able to help with that?

If you are downloading the full install you need not be worrying about any patches.  It will be the latest.