6 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Bro you good man. Thank you for an advice and I dont understand why there is an argument at all) 

It isn't an argument per se. Olek.  It is simply a disagreement about what the differences between the titles are.  WW2 action is significantly different than modern, typically less lethal (though you'd never know that from most CM play).  However aside from that the various WW2 titles are radically different.  Everything from terrain and buildings to weaponry, tactics you can use based on ToE organization etc.  As a small example in CMBN JonS created a what if of a late WW2 airdrop planned prior to Market Garden (part of the battlepack).  He repeated the same scenario utilizing different formations so you as a player can experience what the differences in capability are given the same battle.  It is a pretty fascinating experience.  I was fortunate to play test it and the difference between UK airborne versus US airborne was far more than I expected (and made me a big fan of using UK airborne forces in CMBN). 

If someone is going to suggest titles for you to spend your hard earned dollars on they owe to you to provide a balanced view that is a fair picture of the differences in titles. From my view it would be like saying all units in CMBS are the same other than uniforms and vehicles. I think you'd agree Russian infantry versus US infantry offer completely different capabilities with trade offs for both.  The same holds true across the entire spectrum of CM games. I personally felt you were being rendered a disservice.  Apparently my noting this is a recurring statement that I was in disagreement with was offensive.

Uniform looks great.  Careful with the green striped flak jacket(?).  That looks a bit too clean.  The way you have dirtied up other camos is xnt.

BTW:  Am impressed and delighted that you are looking at CMA as a possible extra project.  Most folks have ignored that title.  But, CMA is running a close 2nd to CMSF in terms of being very interesting and having a completely different feel to the WW2 titles, even to CMBS.  

Some of the uniforms and face skins for CMA done by a subcontractor are very poor and it would be wonderful to have a good guy redo those so that CMA (esp the ANA) can look as good as the typical modded CMSF game.

If you check the CMA forums you'll see that some (esp Sgt Squarehead) have been doing some very interesting scenarios for CMA and there are also some xnt Campaigns for CMA as well.  I have just about everything (mods, scenarios and campaigns) ever made for CMA.  So, if you can't find em at CMMODS or the Repository, let me know and I can send em to you.

Don't worry about Mr. Burke. Nobody takes him seriously (other than hisself).

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Uniform looks great.  Careful with the green striped flak jacket(?).  That looks a bit too clean.  The way you have dirtied up other camos is xnt.

BTW:  Am impressed and delighted that you are looking at CMA as a possible extra project.  Most folks have ignored that title.  But, CMA is running a close 2nd to CMSF in terms of being very interesting and having a completely different feel to the WW2 titles, even to CMBS.  

Some of the uniforms and face skins for CMA done by a subcontractor are very poor and it would be wonderful to have a good guy redo those so that CMA (esp the ANA) can look as good as the typical modded CMSF game.

If you check the CMA forums you'll see that some (esp Sgt Squarehead) have been doing some very interesting scenarios for CMA and there are also some xnt Campaigns for CMA as well.  I have just about everything (mods, scenarios and campaigns) ever made for CMA.  So, if you can't find em at CMMODS or the Repository, let me know and I can send em to you.

Don't worry about Mr. Burke. Nobody takes him seriously (other than hisself).

By the way feel free to use my mods for scenarios of your own. I making them that everyone can expand on this wonderful game - so bring it on. Make new maps, make missions, make new content. This game has bright future, many modules and so on if we will show proper interest. Let us do this game great again!) 

Guys, let's let this thread be a good one instead of turning it into a pissing match.  Olek asked a question, Erwin gave his OPINION and sburke did the same.  Since this is a Forum where people are *SUPPOSED* to express their own opinions, things should have been fine and dandy.  It would be good if everybody can remember the simple lesson that a difference of opinion isn't grounds for a war of words.

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Guys, let's let this thread be a good one instead of turning it into a pissing match.  Olek asked a question, Erwin gave his OPINION and sburke did the same.  Since this is a Forum where people are *SUPPOSED* to express their own opinions, things should have been fine and dandy.  It would be good if everybody can remember the simple lesson that a difference of opinion isn't grounds for a war of words.

Steve

Happy Thanksgiving Sir! Thank you for this wonderful game! I hope you and your crew and their families will do great this eve! 

Gentlemen my Digital Camo mod was updated to version 1.1 

Changelog

Fixes

Gorka Uniform is completely reworked and now looks like this:

r8fQwrn.png

0UU8egu.png

Camouflage MM-14 was reworked for a better quality as well – now its prints (size, scale, order) are more accuratly represented.

Y5mx0Dk.png

qfgERdO.png

Overall appearance was changed towards HD quality – better textures were used in this version.

T76RUsB.png

To make this mod work you need to delete previous version of it. This is version 1.1.

Link to Download: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5430

Guys - speaking of beautiful mods, I happened to see this little clip 

and circa 8mim50sec you can clearly see a sort of drone footage ... god damn. Is this just eye candy and visual edits by the user or part of the IN GAME setting ? It looks as if - footage from the drone view.

thanks mateys.

Oleksander-  but I think your green colour may be a wee bit too saturated.  Might I suggest desaturating the vests by around 50% and slightly lightening it?

gh7PAUd.jpg

Might end up looking more like this?  The green just looks a little... cartoonish? I dunno.

2 hours ago, borg said:

Is this just eye candy and visual edits by the user or part of the IN GAME setting ? It looks as if - footage from the drone view.

Looks like an overlay put in in post.  Unaware of anything that would do that in-game.

9 minutes ago, HerrTom said:

Oleksander-  but I think your green colour may be a wee bit too saturated.  Might I suggest desaturating the vests by around 50% and slightly lightening it?

gh7PAUd.jpg

Might end up looking more like this?  The green just looks a little... cartoonish? I dunno.

Looks like an overlay put in in post.  Unaware of anything that would do that in-game.

The thing is I saw few soldiers wearing really really dark olive colored vests and I loved that. Yet in upcoming versions of this mod more different vests will be added. Including not only green. But it will take time. Thank you for your comment, and your pointing out. Moreover I would like to mention that I do enjoy your modding work. What you do with explosions especially with automatic cannons and those spikes of red fire is in my  opinion great addition to the game. Thank you for your point my friend. I will take that in consideration. 

6 hours ago, borg said:

and circa 8mim50sec you can clearly see a sort of drone footage ... god damn. Is this just eye candy and visual edits by the user or part of the IN GAME setting ? It looks as if - footage from the drone view.

thanks mateys.

Just a high level view with editing to make it appear to be a drone camera.  Nice but only partially in game.  There is no "drone view".  Sorry :( 

2 hours ago, sburke said:

Just a high level view with editing to make it appear to be a drone camera.  Nice but only partially in game.  There is no "drone view".  Sorry :( 

God damn :) no worries... is this a big or too much of an eye candy in the modern titles to implement  ? Man.... I loved it. 

Edited by borg

18 hours ago, borg said:

thanks mateys.

One quick comment on this mission in general - there had to be ability to use arty massively. Mission had to be around 4 hours long and arty should've been working non stop 1 - 1.5 hours of real time. Only then US forces had to make their first moves. But again Im not the one who made that mission. 

16 hours ago, HerrTom said:

I agree with HerrTom about the green.  Otherwise looks great.

BTW: Re your uniforms, In my CMBS Z folder I now have: 

Oleksandr-CMBS-infantry-Digital (v1.1)  (NOTE: You may want to add the version number to the names of your mods to prevent confusion.)

Oleksandr-CMBS- infantry-Ukranian-MabutaMK2

Olek UKR Mabuta Mk2 Uniforms

Can I delete any of these as duplicates?

Also, have you looked at older mods by others such as:

"Ukrainian Soldiers"

"RA-regulation standard (infantry 2017).brz"

"Veins Ukrainian Soldiers"

"Separatists (ukranian)"

SnS1_Blimeys_Separatists_UkrDigital"

"UA Rag Tag Helms (Digital Mix)"

"Kieme CMBS reworked Ukrainian uniforms"

Am trying to figure out if I can remove many of these as they conflict with your mods.  But which ones?

1 minute ago, Erwin said:

I agree with HerrTom about the green.  Otherwise looks great.

BTW: Re your uniforms, In my CMBS Z folder I now have: 

Oleksandr-CMBS-infantry-Digital (v1.1)  (NOTE: You may want to add the version number to the names of your mods to prevent confusion.)

Oleksandr-CMBS- infantry-Ukranian-MabutaMK2

Olek UKR Mabuta Mk2 Uniforms

Can I delete any of these as duplicates?

Also, have you looked at older mods by others such as:

"Ukrainian Soldiers"

"Separatists (ukranian)"

Am trying to figure out if I can remove many of these as they conflict with your mods.  But which ones?

You can remove everything which is not made by me and it will not cause any conflicts. 

To make my infantry mods work properly you need to have only 2 mods: Oleksandr-CMBS-infantry-Ukrainian-MabutaMK2, and Oleksandr-CMBS-infantry-Digital (from the 1.1 zip meaning latest version of it). 

Now about separatists mod - and blue on blue fights - those are not for me at all. I will say more I never even played campaign of the black sea - I only playing quick battles and working on mods and scenarios to recreate certain battles or moments. For me its a simulator not a story telling thing. Thats why I was asking for winter, for different years and all that - because I dont really play campaigns at all lol. Im interested in planing operations on my own. So Im not even familiar with an original story of this game. It allows me to go in countless battles where Im trying to improve myself as commander and stuff like that) 

1 minute ago, Erwin said:

I generally keep unused mods assuming they are not obsolete.  So, is "Olek UKR Mabuta Mk2 Uniforms" obsolete so it can be permanently deleted?

I never called anything with "Olek UKR MABUTA MK 2" my name for the file folder was, "Oleksandr-CMBS-infantry-Ukrainian-MabutaMK2"

Ok, I must have renamed it myself and now have 2 identical versions.  Thank you...

So, do your uniform mods replace ALL of the others I listed:

"Ukrainian Soldiers"

"Separatists (ukranian)"

Edited by Erwin