CMBS: Reworked Binoculars For All Nations By Oleksandr

cYKB0PI.jpg

This little mod will replace binoculars fro all nations and all mods in the game. I’ve decided to do this because all sides of the conflict are already pretty far from standard equipment.

All armies are using advanced optics at this moment so I’ve decided to bring them to this game as well.

This mod will provide all sides with olive color binoculars. Lenses are dark just like in modern military binoculars. Enjoy!

iWJ2rk0.jpg

GAFcdb2.jpg

WPNAqgu.jpg

evbBvUj.jpg

Link to Download: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5453

You are doing great work Olek.

It amazes me that every few years, or when a new CM2 game comes, out there is at least one talented person like Olek, who almost single-handedly changes the look with large quantities of xnt mods. 

Eg: Over the years, we've enjoyed the incredible game graphics changing work of Aris/Fuser, and Kieme and many others. 

Sadly, they all burn out eventually.  So, plz pace yourself, Olek.  

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

You are doing great work Olek.

It amazes me that every few years, or when a new CM2 game comes, out there is at least one talented person like Olek, who almost single-handedly changes the look with large quantities of xnt mods. 

Eg: Over the years, we've enjoyed the incredible game graphics changing work of Aris/Fuser, and Kieme and many others. 

Sadly, they all burn out eventually.  So, plz pace yourself, Olek.  

Thank you for your kind words man. Will do. 

Un6L0Wv.jpg

Pg7kZ0z.png

Gentlemen this is my biggest project within this game. This is total replacement of all uniforms and gear in both slots of the U.S. Army within this game.

There were two reasons for me to make this mod:

1 – It is 242nd Birthday of the United States Marines.

2 – I was thinking about what unit would be able to make a difference in a conflict what took place in this game.

So here it is – > 2nd Marine Division in Combat Mission: Black Sea.

A little about this mod – at this point it is version 1.0 (meaning the very first version of this mod) and it includes:

“Standard” Uniform is now MARPAT

7S2ekZa.png

“Brown” Uniform has 3 unifroms in it and those are patterns used by MARSOC (and yes you now have an opportunity to command MARSOC forces)

FXmLqYD.png

VkteCGV.png

So regular MARPATS for “Standard” uniforms and at this moment 3 versions of MARSOC uniforms for “Brown” uniforms.

Gear:

Gear was reworked almost completely – few things will come as additional mods when I will be done modding them.

Now all the ground forces (Crew teams are waiting to be modded) wearing olive colored helmets (overall gear for this mod was picked in order to fit Eastern Europe terrain.

Those helmets are not simply repainted and retextured – now they are carring infromation about blood group of each soldier. Some soldiers are wearing patches with Merican (and no there was no mistake in a word “Merica”) flags.

WTnp5Xo.png

All gear is retextured accordingly – Standard uniform has its all elements covered in MARPAT, while Brown uniforms… well its complicated here. The thing is that MARSOC Raiders are using different kinds of gear, they can have lets say M81 or woodland camo pants with gray top and olive chest rig and so on. So they do exactly the same in this mod – wearing gear which is randomly mixed (but the mix itself is inspired by thing being used in reality).

wsPmpAz.png

Little things: Patches are picked accordingly to the name of the unit – raiders are wearing their stuff, regulars wearing their stuff. Dirt and dust added to uniforms, and helmets.

NOTE: This mod will not work along with my Canadian Light Infantry mod because it replaces all infantry units of the United States represented in the game. So if you want to use this mod you need to delete Canadian mod at first.

Plans: Obviusly this is only the very begining, I’m working on additional elements of the gear, I’m planing to rework skins, footwear, all the weapons and even vehicles within time. This mod will be updated from time to time (for better texturing, more uniforms and details and so on). Working on a mod like this is a huge excitement because recently we were celebrating US Marines B-day and that was my primary insparation. I hope you will enjoy this mod and you will lead your men in combat with pride and honor.

FP4G7Jg.png

Link to Download: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5462

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

All I can say is "Wow".

Looking forward to the improvements.  I noticed immediately that all the helmets seem to have identical camo.

Yup they are, I will add some more helmets but they will all be varieties of green. There will be no TAN or Gray type of helmets - against russians wearing stuff what worked in Afghanistan is a suicide. And by the way my personal opinion is that OCP will not work for Eastern Europe Operations. MARPAT was the only camo what I found what could fit the terrain and save lives. By the way russians are already doing their "Ratnik" generation 3 or 4 with Kryptek camo style. So overall I can say that western Armies were focused on middle eastern theatre a little too much. I hope with new military budget we will see some improved uniforms on our troops specifically fitting areas like Baltic, Belorussia, Russia and Ukraine. Thats why I also picked Marines they are prepared more then others in terms of getting into the fight in green terrain. So my list to success on a ground would include: Modernized IFV, New APC (or upgraded firemodules), New camouflage for european theatre, and new camouflage for armor. But those are my personal sort of speak thoughts on what if we would go in a war where we would not be able to use nukes but had to go army on army - like a hybrid war where theater is limited to 50-60 thousands people from both sides. Without air support obviusly. I wonder by the way how would American troops feel in terms of moral if using air wouldnt be an option. So in this mod I will be adding parts of gear and color and skins and all that according to this scenario - hybrid war - no air support (only Ukrainian air forces), only limited amount of US troops along with Ukrainian forces pushing russian hybrid forces out of the Ukrainian border - that would be a scenario stuff. Then there will be Canadian scenario. So basically I got plans for few years ahead - lets see what I will be able to deliver) 

That is very ambitious, Olek.  Be aware that what generally happens is that a new CM2 product is released and all the players' attention goes to the new product, and the old products are almost forgotten - at least for a while.  So, be prepared for that when CMSF2 comes out.

4 minutes ago, Erwin said:

That is very ambitious, Olek.  Be aware that what generally happens is that a new CM2 product is released and all the players' attention goes to the new product, and the old products are almost forgotten - at least for a while.  So, be prepared for that when CMSF2 comes out.

Thats ok. I will do my thing, if some people will enjoy using it - it will make me happy. I will stick to this game of this series untill I see something I dont mind playing as well. That would not be CMSF2 because I highly dont like faceing weaker opponent in strategy games. Whats the sense of smashing poorly equipped and poorly trained folks while having air support, tanks, and arty?) What I enjoy about this game is that if I make a misstake - russian army will kick my ass lol So I dont) lol. But yea I'm glad that new games are coming out - I will stay around this game thats for sure) I dont mind playing WW2 games though. I just dont know which one to pick - any advices? What about that final blitzkrieg? is it cool? or Red Thunder is better? 

1 hour ago, Oleksandr said:

. I just dont know which one to pick - any advices? What about that final blitzkrieg? is it cool? or Red Thunder is better? 

Depends on which theatre or topic interests you the most.  The games play almost identically.  The main differences are the vehicles and uniforms.  After playing all the WW2 titles, they all start to "feel" the same.  I went back to CMSF as that is completely different with the wide open spaces and sunshine.  :) 

The thing about CMSF is that while the Blue player has tech advantages, you can always play Red side.  Also, there are excellent Red vs Red scenarios and campaigns (better than many of the WW2 titles imo).  The other challenge in CMSF as the Blue player is to keep friendly casualties to a minimum.  You often lose cos you blew up too many "Preserve" buildings, or suffered more than a couple of men shot.  That is the real challenge and it can make it very hard to win.

6 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Depends on which theatre or topic interests you the most.  The games play almost identically.  The main differences are the vehicles and uniforms.  After playing all the WW2 titles, they all start to "feel" the same.  I went back to CMSF as that is completely different with the wide open spaces and sunshine.  :) 

The thing about CMSF is that while the Blue player has tech advantages, you can always play Red side.  Also, there are excellent Red vs Red scenarios and campaigns (better than many of the WW2 titles imo).  The other challenge in CMSF as the Blue player is to keep friendly casualties to a minimum.  You often lose cos you blew up too many "Preserve" buildings, or suffered more than a couple of men shot.  That is the real challenge and it can make it very hard to win.

Ive decided to try "Afghanistan" - just downloaded it) Expect few mods soon) 

Delighted that you will look at CMA.  There are some good mods for Soviets and the Muj/Uncons.  But the worst ANA uniforms and faces.  The developer made the skins differently from other CM2 titles.  Hope you can give us much better ANA and other faces and uniforms. :)

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

After playing all the WW2 titles, they all start to "feel" the same.  I went back to CMSF as that is completely different with the wide open spaces and sunshine. 

RT has a ton of wide open spaces. They aren't all the same if the guy doesn't even own any of them.

Oleksandr, try Red Thunder when you have the cash, and if you are up for some WWII gaming, you'll probably like it. It's like CMBS but 70+ years earlier, with Germans.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Absolutely disagree. Anyone who thinks CMRT feels just like CMBN, CMFI or CMFB  is looking only the most simplistic aspects and generalizations.  The only reason CMSF has that casualty factor is because people design scenarios that way with modern expectations. There is no rule against doing so in any other title. So really all you are saying is public standards about casualties differed between WW2 and current western views. That is not a CM issue. 

As someone who like doing maps, CMFI is one of my favorite titles. It is unique and rightly so and shows BFs attention to all the details including the uniquely difficult challenges of managing Italian troops.  For folks who like WW2 armor engagements CMRT is usually the preferred title.  CMBN and CMFB are at least the same theater but still feel significantly different for me anyway  don’t even get me started on soviet smg units  

this seems to be a recurring statement by you Erwin and I can appreciate they may start to feel that way for you, but that is your perception and not one I’d agree with. 

"...this seems to be a recurring statement by you Erwin and I can appreciate they may start to feel that way for you, but that is your perception and not one I’d agree with."

Jeez...  Olek asked me a question and I responded.  Cos you don't agree with my "perception" or "opinion" you could have simply responded to Olek and let him (or anyone else interested in his question) make up his own mind.  

To reiterate:  When I was injured I got to play a LOT.  8 hours/day for years.  I found that all the WW2 titles started to seem the same to me in terms of gameplay.  It's as if one broke up CM1 into its various theatres and eras and tried to play em as separate games.  They games would basically all play pretty much the same with graphical differences. 

Edited by Erwin

3 minutes ago, Erwin said:

"...this seems to be a recurring statement by you Erwin and I can appreciate they may start to feel that way for you, but that is your perception and not one I’d agree with."

Jeez...  Olek asked me a question and I responded.  Cos you don't agree with my "perception" or "opinion" you could have simply responded to Olek and let him (or anyone else interested in his question) make up his own mind.  

Jeez ........ you could stop pushing the same line and let Olek or someone else make up their own mind without pushing this "it's all the same in WW2 stuff".

1 minute ago, Erwin said:

Hey Olek:  Are you having a problem making up your own mind?  Cos, Mr. Burke here wants to liberate you from my totalitarian mind control I have exerted on you.  Sorry about that...

Gee I am sorry I was so dictatorial to note that Erwin makes these statements about the "feel" of certain games that belies the significant differences between titles and he is so butt hurt by my commenting that he has brought this up several times lately pushing a particular view he holds that many others disagree with.  Far be it from me to point out that this view ignores the many differences in titles that might make someone more interested in them instead of just assuming they are all WW2 therefore it is just vehicles and uniforms that differentiate a US rifle squad from a VG unit from a Bersaglieri or from a Russian SMG unit.  I wouldn't want to make it look like Erwin is just spouting utter tosh.  My mistake.

28 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Hey Olek:  Are you having a problem making up your own mind?  Cos, Mr. Burke here wants to liberate you from my totalitarian mind control I have exerted on you.  Sorry about that...

Bro you good man. Thank you for an advice and I dont understand why there is an argument at all)