Loved CM1 Feature - importing units to QB

I notice several people discussing features they loved from CM1, so I thought I'd mention one I used to love: the ability to import units from a scenario or finished battle (or even a battle in progress) into a QB.

I remember having some extremely enjoyable H2H games based on this idea, where a self-made scenario with a few units would be imported into a QB, so both players would know a few of the units the other one had, typically the toughest pieces (for example, we might import a little heavy armour into a QB where we agreed the rest of the units would be selected by a rule-set like 'short 75').

I remember also once playing a second QB over the ruins of the first, in effect adding reinforcements to an ongoing game.

...anyway, I love the game. My only real wish is more maps/scenarios for the old games with up-to-date AI plans; but since the discussion is so often about fond wishes - that would be mine.

I would love to see these features added to the game. Persistent map damage is a big one for me (to include wrecks) as well as being able to import units between battles. These few things to me would add a lot to playability. With them you could play your own custom campaigns on the fly. I have no idea what it would take to make any of this a reality though, and it seems like based on what Steve has said, we won't be seeing these features anytime in the near future.