BM Oplot needs its ammo choice fixed

kraze

8 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

conflict in Ukraine is frozen

We have lost 16 KIA in past month and enemy 24. Small-arms clashes, mortar fire exchanges and sometime artillery and even MLRS. Is it "frozen conflict" ? Of course, "Russians can be in Kyiv in several days", but UKR army 2017 is not the same as in 2014 even without Oplots and IR sights in every rifleman. Even in 2014 we succesfully could stop Russian offensive in Luhansk sector and didn't allow enemy to repeat there Ilovaisk scenario. So, if Russia will want to force Ukraine for something by the way of limited or full invasion, they will have critical losses. 

8 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

and wildly optimistic to give Ukraine all of these newer weapons systems such as the Oplot and BTR-4

What's wrong with BTR-4? Its participates in war since 2014. 25th airborne, 92nd mech. ans some National Guard units have it.

You can be shure - BMP-1 and T-72 will be in next updates.

Edited by Haiduk

12 hours ago, akd said:

BMP-3M/2M with BMP-1.

I've covered this rather extensively in my TOE observation document back in 2015. Don't confuse training equipment with deployed one. So hopefully there are no BMP-1s in the next module for Ru forces. The 2017 version of T-72B3 would be nice. 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Thermal imaging is not IR and it's not just for use at night.  :rolleyes:

Wiki says: Forward looking infrared (FLIR) cameras, typically used on military and civilian aircraft, use a thermographic camerathat senses infrared radiation.[1]

Our soldiers said effectiveness of thermal cameras significantly has been reduced on hot weather at the daylight and devices consumed much more energy. But I've read this two years ago, when army mostly has older generation thermal cameras for hunting, gifted by civil volunteers. Now mostly FLIR (LWIR) gen 3  in use.

Edited by Haiduk

5 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Hm... Why IRs so critical? Are there many night scenarios usualy playing? %) 

Most games were held in the morning and daytime with different weather conditions. Because when you play UKR against RUS you want to play normally. If the BMP and BTR is still normal, then the tanks are already problematic, if the enemy plays for Ukraine, then he takes T-64BV or Bulat tanks 2 times more than you. Because you're your T-72B3 will destroy them before they find you in 60-70% of the cases.I in such cases offer QB with restrictions. Quick battle US against RUS, I never won when the enemy takes the tanks. Therefore, again, I propose certain restrictions in the parties PBEM.
In the spring there was an interesting fight, where the enemy suggested that I attack him, and he was on the defensive in the city. He played the 2 company to the light infantry of US on hummers, without armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles. He gave me the right to use tanks no more than a company. I took 2 companies on BMP-2 and tank company T-72B3, plus various platoons and subunits. We played 1.5 months real time and 2 hours game. I lost half the tanks from the enemy ATGM, the second half of the quarter lost mobility from anti-tank mines (At that moment, I dreamed so much about tank trawl.) . The result is a draw.

Edited by HUSKER2142

7 hours ago, HUSKER2142 said:

Because you're your T-72B3 will destroy them before they find you in 60-70% of the cases.

Armor in the game has enormous capabilities of fast spotting of targets, especially if its have thermals. 

Edited by Haiduk

On 11/27/2017 at 12:55 AM, DougPhresh said:

but the Russian Army could be in Kiev in days

If that was anywhere even remotely close to reality - they would not stop for a moment. Like they didn't in a nearly dozen other wars for the past two decades. But apparently that is not the case in this case. After all this is the first time since Cold War where they invade a country that has more or less adequate armament and troop numbers compared to much smaller countries russkies have wrecked havoc in before and still do (see their behavior in Syria where they just level whole cities outright despite what UN/US etc says).

Edited by kraze

6 hours ago, kraze said:

If that was anywhere even remotely close to reality - they would not stop for a moment. Like they didn't in a nearly dozen other wars for the past two decades. But apparently that is not the case in this case. After all this is the first time since Cold War where they invade a country that has more or less adequate armament and troop numbers compared to much smaller countries russkies have wrecked havoc in before and still do (see their behavior in Syria where they just level whole cities outright despite what UN/US etc says).

The mighty other side is leveling whole city too and yes UN says nothing too :)

Oh FFS give it a rest.....WTF does any of that BS have to do with Oplots?

I'm really starting to hate this game again.....I have very little sympathy for one side and absolutely none whatsoever for the other! 

Not terribly appealing at all.....Blasting headchoppers is much more fun and at least we don't have put up with nonsensical nationalist crap from them.  :mellow:

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Oh FFS give it a rest.....WTF does any of that BS have to do with Oplots?

I'm really starting to hate this game again.....I have very little sympathy for one side and absolutely none whatsoever for the other! 

Not terribly appealing at all.....Blasting headchoppers is much more fun and at least we don't have put up with nonsensical nationalist crap from them.  :mellow:

Sounds like you need a new hobby if this one makes you that upset.

Somehow with a friend who introduced the series of СM discussed that it would be better to make a game about a hypothetical conflict between the Treaty of Warsaw and NATO in 1980-1985. I think many would like this game. When there was parity between the sides was equal, and modern systems only evolved.

• 5 months later...
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, HUSKER2142 said:

Somehow with a friend who introduced the series of СM discussed that it would be better to make a game about a hypothetical conflict between the Treaty of Warsaw and NATO in 1980-1985. I think many would like this game. When there was parity between the sides was equal, and modern systems only evolved.

I'd buy that in an instant.  B)

TBH once CM:SF II is out I won't have much use for CM:BS.....Maybe a Vehicle Pack might rouse some interest, but only if it would allow me to model conflicts other than the default one.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 12/4/2017 at 4:30 AM, HUSKER2142 said:

make a game about a hypothetical conflict between the Treaty of Warsaw and NATO in 1980-1985. 

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'd buy that in an instant.  B)

Yes. This.  Fulda Gap. Anytime in the 1980s.  Then with the TOE from this all kinds of proxy war / third world scenarios could be made.  +1