A More Realistic Iron Mode?

1 minute ago, Battlefront.com said:

I don't have time to check this in detail, but the BTRs are next to the T-72 so they are considered "in contact".  Remember, the rule is C2 communications *or* LOS.  So as far as I know what you just posted is consistent with what I described.

I'm sorry - the BTRs in the background which are a couple of hundred meters behind the group of 3 tanks.

Is it because in replay there are tentative contacts on the other BTRs that they don't dim?  If that's the case, then I'm sorry - I only really have played the modern games significantly.

On 10/29/2017 at 0:14 AM, HerrTom said:

I'm sorry - the BTRs in the background which are a couple of hundred meters behind the group of 3 tanks.

Is it because in replay there are tentative contacts on the other BTRs that they don't dim?  If that's the case, then I'm sorry - I only really have played the modern games significantly.

I don't know and, honestly, I'm out of time to revisit a feature that's been working the way it is for 10 years.  It's obviously not very important to hardly anybody.  So I think it's better that I focus on other things than this.

Steve

3 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

I don't know and, honestly, I'm out of time to revisit a feature that's been working the way it is for 10 years.  It's obviously not very important to hardly anybody.  So I think it's better that I focus on other things than this.

Steve

Understood, thanks for spending the time that you did!

For anyone curious - it appears that the dimming in Iron mode in WeGo has nothing to do with C2 beyond units that aren't in the same formation.  See the below screenshot from CM:FB

wd7wouZ.png

That team definitely is not in C2 with anyone else, yet it's still dimmed out just the same as in the other games.

1 minute ago, HerrTom said:

For anyone curious - it appears that the dimming in Iron mode in WeGo has nothing to do with C2 beyond units that aren't in the same formation.  See the below screenshot from CM:FB

wd7wouZ.png

That team definitely is not in C2 with anyone else, yet it's still dimmed out just the same as in the other games.

Note that is in command mode. Just to be clear that for me anyway it is more useful observing during the action phase. That is where I get to discern their perceptions while actually in action. The command phase is just that for me, figuring out from observing the previous turn who is capable of what and planning for remedying any issues observed during the previous action phase (like getting people back into a better C2 condition)

Just now, sburke said:

Note that is in command mode. Just to be clear that for me anyway it is more useful observing during the action phase. That is where I get to discern their perceptions while actually in action. The command phase is just that for me, figuring out from observing the previous turn who is capable of what and planning for remedying any issues observed during the previous action phase (like getting people back into a better C2 condition)

Seems reasonable enough.  I think I'm all cleared up (I hope! :blink:)