AI's use of artillery and drones

Euri

I have a theory that AI is somehow "cheating" on artillery effectiveness. There are some missions where the AI's is extremelly deadly on my positions which are out of LOS from the enemy. Good examples are the last mission of the 1st Russian Campaing and the mission before the last one of the second Russian Campaign. Using the campaign decompiler I have noticed that all the emeny has is a single raven drone which cannot possible cover sufficient areas large maps as those.

Nonetheless, the AI is able to bring artillery fire quicly and accurately on my positions over large portions of map with clearly no line of site at all. It is as if the Raven can see all battlefield at the same time

Any other theories?

Edited by Euri

try and play as Russian the last mission from Crossing the Dnieper and the penultimate one of the Russian campaign included in the last patch. Open them in the editor and see that blue has just one raven. This does not justify the amount of artillery coming down on you. 

You have the campaign de-compiler, dont you?

On 10/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, Euri said:

I have a theory that AI is somehow "cheating" on artillery effectiveness.

I do not have a theory to offer that explains what you are seeing - others have put forward a few possible ones. But I will say categorically the AI is not cheating. Not with artillery and  not with anything else. Period full stop.

15 hours ago, IanL said:

I do not have a theory to offer that explains what you are seeing - others have put forward a few possible ones. But I will say categorically the AI is not cheating. Not with artillery and  not with anything else. Period full stop.

I used the word as a figure of speach. Please feel free to share you theories, that is what the forum is about. :-)