Questions about Big Bundle in 2017

Since Big Bundle came out a few things happened. Battle Pack 1 came out, as well as update 4.

The description in the store is not quite clear and perhaps contradicting. It says that updates 2 and 3 are included, while there's a line of text above saying "This is Engine 4". The description also says that apart from modules packs (exactly in plural form) are included but only Vehicle Pack is mentioned. The description says something along the lines of it being a complete bundle.

So does it contain everything or not? Namely two expansions, both packs (Vehicle Pack and Battlepack 1) and is the latest version (4.0+)?

It contains everything.  The language reflects when they first created the big bundle.  BF doesn't always get back to all the fine details on the store page :D  Note it says packs, I think you could make a pretty good case with them that even had they not intended it, they did say it.  Just to be sure I'll point it out and see if you can't get confirmation from the horse's mouth.. uh sorry Steve no insult intended....

Best value! This Complete Edition Bundle contains it all: the base game and all modules (Commonwealth Forces and Market Garden), packs (Vehicle Pack) and uprgades (2.0 and 3.0) in one package, all updated to the very latest version! If you are new to Combat Mission Battle for Normandy, this is the one-stop-shop package for you, no patches or any other files required!

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, kraze said:

Ok, thanks, I hope it is so. Before I spend a hundred bucks on a game (albeit a properly big one).

Dollar for dollar, the CMBN "Big Bundle" is the single best value product on the whole site.
People often balk at the $100 price tag, without understanding the HUGE pile of game you get for that outlay.

Happy gaming!

Thanks but a few more questions - which battles modules focus on? Base game is (after) landing in Normandy - I get that. But do other added nations presented in other timelines/areas? I know that there's at least one campaign dealing with Operation Market Garden (right?) but are there any campaigns that deal with Brits pre '44 for example?

Also is a Vehicle Pack just purely an addition of vehicles or does it come with missions for those vehicles? Or at least any official content including those (battlepack)?

And are there any seasons but summer?

Edited by kraze

22 minutes ago, kraze said:

Thanks but a few more questions - which battles modules focus on? Base game is (after) landing in Normandy - I get that. But do other added nations presented in other timelines/areas?

Yes. CMBN goes from June to September and covers fighting in France and Holland

I know that there's at least one campaign dealing with Operation Market Garden (right?)

In the Market Garden module yes.

but are there any campaigns that deal with Brits pre '44 for example?

Pre 44 - no CMBN covers the Normandy invasion into the fall. Nothing before June 44.

Also is a Vehicle Pack just purely an addition of vehicles or does it come with missions for those vehicles?

No, the vehicle pack is just a vehicle pack.

Or at least any official content including those (battlepack)?

Yes, there is a battle pack and yes it does include vehicles from the vehicle pack.

And are there any seasons but summer?

The time line goes to September I think.

Think of it like this.

The "Vehicle Pack" enabled players to create their own scenarios using the added vehicles, or even, by using the "Scenario Editor" to redesign existing scenarios using the new vehicles. Many of these "player-designed" battles were made available F.O.C. on greenasjade.

B.F.C. then took it a step further by releasing their own "Battle Pack" which includes a Campaign and a number of stand alone battles incorporating the new vehicles.

I forgot to say:

If it is a budget issue, slash VP first. That one gives you only new vehicles, for which there is only a hand full of Community made scenarios.

Then, if still necessary, slash the Battle Pack. In addition to BN, CW and MG scenarios, there are enough user made scenarios to keep you happy for a loooong time. 

Edited by StieliAlpha