1.21 and adware

Dude, that's the official BF download.....I'd turn AVAST off, download the patch, install it, repeat this for any further patches, then Turn AVAST on and tell it not to look in the directory where CM:SF is installed, ever. 

This just my personal opinion, but I'm about to do exactly this with both Webroot and MSE to allow me to reinstall CM:FI, which MSE had kindly deleted for me.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

A false positive. I'm not sure what it may be in the patches that would trigger an 'adware' issue with Avast.

As 'Sgt. Squarehead' mentions, disable Avast temporarily while downloading and installing the patch. When you re-enable Avast, whitelist the game directory and possibly the patch directory (so it doesn't get quarantined in the future). Avast is usually good about false positives, but I have seen A LOT of the Battlefront patches and installers get tagged as being infected with Adware or something to that effect (and they're not, especially the downloads from the official Battlefront servers).