Assia Ahhat

Michael Emrys

For those who are not already familiar with this Ukrainian virtuoso violinist (I just came across her for the first time tonight) you really should give her a look. She plays electric violin most compellingly in front of an unusual ensemble of small classical orchestra and rock group. Did I mention that she is also exceedingly gorgeous?

https://assiaahhatt.com

Michael

Michael Emrys,

You are to be credited for your valuable public service in letting us know about this most impressive musician! Because of you, my day started on, you'll pardon, a lovely note (to be taken in several levels of meaning). I find it noteworthy (not trying for wordplay, really) that the heartbreak song thumbnail got read by my brain as some sort of warrior, wearing a Turkish style helmet,(the distinctive topknot) and camail, saber held high, with a large arresting red flag of revolutionaries waving behind. Since she started the song in sharp silhouette, on a pretty dim stage, I still couldn't read the image properly, though it was obvious the flag was really a rose. It wasn't until they got the lighting turned up that I could really see her as a musician, not a warrior, with the topknot of before being a bun of her own hair! Adding further confusion was that she didn't look at all Ukrainian to me and that, where I expected something like folk costume for the band, I got an American style band and a orchestra, a bizarre amalgam of the hip and the formal. That said, man, could she play! I preferred the acoustic richness of her wooden violin over the electric one, though I admit it was visually right for some of the pieces. My favorite was the heartbreak song, but I also liked "Alleluia" and the never heard anything like it before violin with orchestra and band "Somebody to love." "Move like Jagger was fun," and they really ought to put his avatar in a proper movie, for he was something else. The combination of long raven hair and pale skin, not to mention everything else and the splendid attire, killed me--in a really good way! Shall have to go to YT and check out some of her other videos now that I know of her. 

Regards,

John Kettler

I stumbled upon her quite by accident. I was going to view an entirely different kind of vid and she came on as the intro ad. Now normally I click to get those to go away as soon as possible, but this one really grabbed my attention and I watched it all the way through. It was the Stevie Wonder song "Superstition" and she really rocked. I hastily forgot my viewing plans and went looking for more.

Michael