CMSF2

On 12/18/2017 at 12:28 PM, Combatintman said:

It doesn't matter what your interest is in the fictional storyline - it doesn't flick my switch much either as you also know. The fact is that Steve has stated repeatedly that CMSF is a fictional Syrian conflict set in 2008 and there is and never has been any appetite on Battlefront's part to morph it into an Iraq, Afghanistan or any other game. If we campaign and scenario designers want to do that then fine but I say again that you are urinating in the wind if you think that Battlefront are going to add stuff to CMSF 2 to turn it into anything other than a fictional Syrian Conflict set in 2008 upgraded to the current game engine.

Of course the 2008 'retro' TO&E remains near ideal for those of us gaming out (glacially) OIF 1 and 2 (Iraq 2003-2009) and the corresponding period in Afghanistan.

Slightly different topic, Mike Mooney writes a thoughtful piece for SWJ on application of Clausewitz to the destruction of ISIS.

http://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/clausewitz

I am not totally on board with applying schwerpunkt to destruction of a guerrilla movement, so this piece reads more like a 'what not to do' for them than a real 'how to' for a regular army. But worth a read nonetheless, like most of Col. Mooney's stuff

Edited by LongLeftFlank