CMSF2

23 minutes ago, SLIM said:

I think something worth noting, is how the conversion will affect the equipment quality settings.
I really wish we could have some type of dev blog, which elaborates on such things.

Moot point really mate - we know that it isn't Battlefront's thing to do developer diaries and I don't understand why you think that the conversion will affect equipment quality settings. Surely it is the same equipment and the same settings as CMSF?

The great thing about equipment settings will be not having to select a battalion of Strykers (or whatever) just to delete 50 things to get a particular vehicle. We'll be able to select single vehicles and attach teams easily. It's gonna rock!

Mord.

47 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Moot point really mate - we know that it isn't Battlefront's thing to do developer diaries and I don't understand why you think that the conversion will affect equipment quality settings. Surely it is the same equipment and the same settings as CMSF?

Well, I believe there is an improvement here.  In CMSF pre-purchase equipment quality was the only way to control variable equipment.  Under version 4, options will set equipment types, with equipment quality simply determining which options are selected on purchase.  That means you can switch equipment out on purchased formations, even within sub-units in some cases.  But that is just like all the other titles, so not really worthy of a dev-blog or anything.

Edited by akd

'Equipment quailty' in CMSF1 was a cobbled-together workaround to get vehicle variants into the game (there are a LOT of T62 variants). CMSF2 is going to be up to game engine 4 standards with separate variant vehicle/weapon lists in the editor and QB lists. So instead of having to remember 'Poor' setting gives you T62 (1974) and 'Excellent' setting gives you T62 MV you'll simply get a list to choose from. For example Syrian Mech Inf tank battalion gives to a selection of 5 tank types plus (default) to choose.

Frankly, I don't know the status of 'Excellent/Good/Average/fair/poor' status in later CM titles. Its still a menu item. Let me check... Aha! The quality settings appear to affect what you get when you select 'default'. So both equipment list and quality settings are both working

That in itself is a godsend.....If only it could be done for CM:A!  :(

For those who don't own CM:A, one of its 'quirks' is that unit picks are somewhat randomised within each quality setting, so getting a company of identical tanks is almost impossible.  :rolleyes:

Ironically CM:SF was initially a bit off in its selection of Syrian T-62s, but they were proven right in the end.....The T-62M was quite uncommon prior to the Syrian Civil War, but since then the Russians have shipped at least a hundred:

2_153564.jpg

Will there be any changes to the T-72 & T-90 selection, Steve had hinted that there might be?

Also, Drones.....Can we talk about Drones?  Hoping for something along the lines of a Predator to play with, they probably should have been in the original, but IIRC it was a 'coin-toss' decision at the time and the coin fell the wrong way.  Hoping that particular coin might get flipped for the remake!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I bet they have addressed these, but if not I thought it worth mentioning, I remember there was on mission in the Base Game campaign that was unlaunchable by most people and another where if the US took one casualty they would lose the scenario as the Victory points applied had a bug to it. Are more details needed or are these already taken care of?

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I bet they have addressed these, but if not I thought it worth mentioning, I remember there was on mission in the Base Game campaign that was unlaunchable by most people and another where if the US took one casualty they would lose the scenario as the Victory points applied had a bug to it. Are more details needed or are these already taken care of?

Although we have identified that many of the missions, particularly those that shipped with the base game, require some work, it is probably worth giving us a steer as to which missions they are and what the specific issues they have.

@Combatintman

Okay I did my homework. I'm betting these have been fixed as they were, I believe, well know issues.

The first is referenced in this thread:

The second scenario I refer to is I believe in the USMC campaign Afternoon Delight mission, where if the US takes one casualty the Syrians get a huge amounts of Victory Points.  

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly not in the game, but I believe it should have been (the type was mentioned in relation to the recent attack on the Russian air base in Syria, which was what reminded me).....I'm guessing I know where this might be going.  ;)

I thought some amendments were under consideration though, T-72As, T-90As etc.

8 hours ago, Combatintman said:

My TO&E question relates to the real Syrian Army of the time - I know its not in the game because you wouldn't have asked for it otherwise. Just because some have turned up recently or were modelled in CMA, doesn't mean they should be in the game.

I'm trying to track down an in-service date for the Vasilek, but at the moment the recent attack on the Russian airbase is rather obfuscating my searches, apparently they've been in service 'for years', but that's not entirely helpful really.

Have to admit, I really do like the Vasilek, so I'm hoping I can find a date that might prove persuasive.