Force Composition Picks

An idea for Force compositions: Flames of war just came out with an easy to use battlegroup builder called forces of war with companies representing force pools of a whole division. https://forces.flamesofwar.com/FOWPDFSelector.aspx. Unfortunately costs money to use the point system but the decks are available for preview. I see this set-up as something that could help make semi-historical engagements for single player and multiplayer in the direction of steel division; with divisional decks thrown at each other on historical maps. I suppose it would really just be a more restricted form of quick battles but could assist in picking attachments and ratios in the TOE’s. It might be possible to have the flames of war companies stand in for a battalion sized force or something allowing representation of a full division. Throw in a historicalish 1-2k map with different reinforcement times and could be fun. Here is an example of the US 29th division (depending on point system, only 3-4 support units would be attached).

29th infantry division assault company

Combat platoons

X6 boat sections

Weapons platoons

Machine gun platoon

Mortar platoon

Ammo and pioneer platoon

X2 AT gun platoons

Regimental support

Recon platoon

Cannon platoon

Support platoons

DD tank platoon

Towed tank destroyer platoon

Calvary platoon

Combat engineer platoon

Ranger company

Support platoons

Field artillery battery

Corps armored artillery battery

Naval or chemical mortar support

Corps anti-aircraft platoon

Once I have my desktop again I'll see about converting all the flames of war normandy companies into combat mission to get a feel for how the point system compares in quick battles. The idea then would be to have standard map sizes of a historic area in quick battles and both players would pick forces limited off of an xml sheet or something. Not sure what the standard map sizes would be yet. I figured I'd try this going back to my omaha west thing (made more computer friendly), la fiere causeway area, and a 3rd people's choice pick. Any takers for what the 3rd one would be?