GMU Battles - Good Morning Ukraine Battles

I would like to bring you series of battles under common name GMU Battles - Good Morning Ukraine Battles.

First to come is Battle 01 Mission Impossible - Can you save the experimental tank?

FEmj0TX.png

Your mission is dictated by the situation in hidden repair station under sudden attack - can you save experimental tank?

Looks easy, but what to do when tank crew is missing? More from the story and some advice you can find in the briefing...

8 hours ago, borg said:

heavy heavy :) tried for the first spin, and got shwacked.

will re try. 

I was intrigued, can u make a house with no doors in editor? I found that interesting.

Great, i wanted to bring you the feeling that agressive AI can push you quicker than you can react. Good to hear that you loose first time :)

Yes you can have house without doors. Its the way to simulate the situation, that you lost the keys. NOW you must open it :)

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm definitely in.....Finally a scenario with the Oplot (I'm guessing it's an Oplot) in a sensible role!  :P

PS - Lovely screenshot, very immersive.....I'm looking forward to this one.  B)

These 3 experimental tanks are T-64BV, but can be changed in next version to Oplot, good idea.

Screenshot is little bit small and dark, i am not the best image maker...

man. so far, its a challenge - when the Russians cross over the water, and from the little island, next to scout start taking shots at my swimming vehicle ! Now how can I position my mortars ? 

Also the scenario lacks setting up units where we want them correct ? as in, they are immobile until scenario starts.

By any chance - did you win It @Marwek77 aka Red Reporter ? :) 

Soldier, you still don't know how to save the tank? Bring it to the exit zone!!!

QpxoucF.png

Unfortunately exit zone is somewhere in the minefield. Good news is engineers are clearing it. Bad news is they will need 20+ minutes to do so.

YOU MUST KEEP THIS TANK SAFE! for at least 20 minutes and then when the engineers will show up YOU WILL KNOW WHERE THE EXIT ZONE IS!

So i am asking you again - CAN YOU SAVE THE EXPERIMENTAL TANK?

29 minutes ago, borg said:

man. so far, its a challenge - when the Russians cross over the water, and from the little island, next to scout start taking shots at my swimming vehicle ! Now how can I position my mortars ? 

Also the scenario lacks setting up units where we want them correct ? as in, they are immobile until scenario starts.

I played it more then once before release. Yes you can win it! But you must think differently then just shooting.

SPEED is your friend, but same time enemy - the swimming vehicle can be bogged...

COVER is your friend, but same time enemy - they cannot see you, but then they can come closer...

Everybody must do their best to slow down the attack - it means bring sacrifice for higher goal... 

So far its MISSION IMPOSSIBLE! :P

Mortars? You need to deploy them and then you can use them.

This scenario has fixed starting position, even immobilized vehicles. Its hidden reapair facility believed to be far from the front line - so far they have never seen direct fight. So they don't care too much. UNTIL NOW :unsure:

Edited by Marwek77 aka Red Reporter

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

I love these "clever concept" missions.  A wonderful change and more entertaining than the historic/realistic genres.  Thanks...

Nice words CLEVER CONCEPT :) I wanted to do some story driven scenario, but not just usual firefight... We will see what the others will say to it...

Thank you!

2 hours ago, borg said:

Here you see that i am still alive, hardly but still there and waiting for that damn engineers to open me the way through the minefield... Just few more minutes... 

OKFCI1y.png

Or maybe not... Maybe the AI is too aggressive.. You will see...

YOU NEED LUCK IN THIS BATTLE TOO :)