pcelt

Purchase of Market Garden question

I have just purchased the Market Garden module and was informed all I needed to do was to enter the new License Number which I have. But I have no idea where to enter it as when I start my Normandy game i go straight to battle choices etc------please help me to locate the means to enter this key. I am nor very computer literate and rather over the hill age wise and would appreciate some help and guidance........................Thanks

Look in your Game Folder (default location is usually C:Program Files (x86) and there should be an 'Activate New Products' Icon...Use that to enter your MG Code.

Out of curiosity, do you also have the 'CW' Module as I believe it's required before purchasing 'MG'...

Oh, and if your ever interested in up to Reinforced Company Size, PBEM, Meeting Engagements, then give me a PM.

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Thanks for trying to help Joe-much appreciated ---but I can find no Game Folder-- my Battle for Normandy  game V 4 and with Commomweath addon  is in My Documents.

Still stuck and would really appreciate any more help from anyone---Thanks

Many thanks Joe for your amazing patience and help. Realised later that my Normandy game is in MY DOCUMENTS folder (which was the unusual folder the Normandy game originally installed in) and perusing this I found the "Activation instruction" message and have duly activated my MG expansion data within the game--------success.

Cant thank you enough for all your help and suggestions without which I would have bee tearing out the little bit of hair I have left.................................

Cheers

David ("pcelt)

No Problem and glad to help...

It's Ok, I only have a few more strands of hair then you, and might have to shave it all off one day soon, LOL :-(

4 hours ago, pcelt said:

Many thanks Joe for your amazing patience and help. Realised later that my Normandy game is in MY DOCUMENTS folder (which was the unusual folder the Normandy game originally installed in) and perusing this I found the "Activation instruction" message and have duly activated my MG expansion data within the game--------success.

Cant thank you enough for all your help and suggestions without which I would have bee tearing out the little bit of hair I have left.................................

Cheers

David ("pcelt)

Yep.  This goes back to before the change Microsoft made to its O/S (I think in Windows7) that automatically separated program files from data files.  CMBN was developed before this philosophy pervaded and installs everything into the Documents folder.  It is the only CMx2 game to do so.  The other WW2 games install their executables in the program directory and their data files in the documents folder.  The logic is to keep data in a safer compartment when a program corrupts.  It gets convoluted sometimes . . . :huh:

On 18.9.2017 at 5:23 PM, Badger73 said:

Yep.  This goes back to before the change Microsoft made to its O/S (I think in Windows7) that automatically separated program files from data files.  CMBN was developed before this philosophy pervaded and installs everything into the Documents folder.  It is the only CMx2 game to do so.  The other WW2 games install their executables in the program directory and their data files in the documents folder.  The logic is to keep data in a safer compartment when a program corrupts.  It gets convoluted sometimes . . . :huh:

There is away to move or mirror files from the documents to any other place. I would have to dig out how, but it is described somewhere in the forum and also in the Windows help.

However, a good move to restore some order in the CM chaos.