Good analysis of NK dynamic?

KL2004

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

From their perspective this is a struggle for continued existence, if fighting starts, all their cards will be brought into play.

I always thought the same.  This is a guy who wants to make sure he and his best friends are immune to harm.  They won't want to attack first, that would bring wreckage on them.  If we just cool down and make sure they are assured mutual destruction if they attack, I think they'll continue with the sex slave massage girls.  And whatever we think about that, it is a war we should wage by culture.

You know, like Civ.  We should build some culture wonders in Japan and South Korea.  :P

Edited by KL2004

15 hours ago, KL2004 said:

I think they'll continue with the sex slave massage girls.  And whatever we think about that, it is a war we should wage by culture.

Well said.....In this instance Coca Cola & BBQ Sauce will probably have significantly more impact than the B1 Lancer or THAAD.  ;)

For further (unfettered) discussion, see this thread at SH:  http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/1068-north-korea-you-so-crazy/

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

North Korea's foreign minister has accused US President Donald Trump of declaring war on his country and said Pyongyang had the right to shoot down US bombers.

Ri Yong-ho said this could apply even if the warplanes were not in North Korea's airspace.

If this was CM PBEM trash talk next it will no holds barred in using arty on the first turn...

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Sublime said:

P.s. Im also pretty sure sburke and emrys know Im well aware of the Americas dirty actions around the globe going back to the USS Maine... And beyond.

If you get a chance, have a listen to Dan Carlin's Podcast: http://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-49-the-american-peril/

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, KL2004 said:

lmao :)  I think Kim would like free McDonalds for life...  (consider it a very sly form of assassination!)

I have long advocated defeating North Korea, simply by dropping McDonald's on them.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine called me up with ideas for dealing with North Korea, and that call caused me to do some digging. Found some eye-openers!

What a War with North Korea Would Look Like

Article raises some excellent points about limitations on what the US can do in conventional attacks against NK nuclear assets, part of which limitations turns on the goodness of post-strike BDA.

https://www.equities.com/news/what-a-war-with-north-korea-would-look-like

A former top USAF war planner is quite pessimistic about US capability to remove NK nuclear capability via use of conventional weapons. A sobering read.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-08-10/only-effective-arms-against-north-koreas-missile-bunkers-are-nuclear-weapons-says

NK's AD fangs are much longer and more dangerous  than I was aware, for it has an indigenous version (KN-06) of the S-300 with an estimated 150 km range. The CSIS site from which I was taken is a missile info gold mine and has some great graphics, too., but failing to list the KN-06 range in the key info summary was a huge error. 

https://missilethreat.csis.org/missile/kn-06/

Regards,

John Kettler

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

An eye lost for the glorious Juche Revolution is considered a mark of honour amongst NK pre-teens.  ;)

"You could poke somebody's eye out!"   - teacher in NK promoting use of bayonet.

Next we will learn to run with scissors to stab at American invaders.  :D

It took a fair amount of backtracking from the link I was given, but here is what I consider to be a most insightful piece by a once highly favored NK financial official who defected when things went sour. In his view, Pyongyang wasn't expecting sanctions in response to its military activities and certainly not as heavy if it was. China has sided with the UN, making for a low opinion of PRC's president.  The defector says NK is in dire straits.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/17/north-koreas-economy-may-not-survive-another-year-defector-says.html

Andy,

That photo of the AK toy armed kids reminds me of the chilling Soviet elementary math book "We Receive New Rifles" in which math problems take the form of "If Yuri has four rifles, and Sasha has three and they put them in one stack, how many rifles in all? It was a big enough deal there was an English version available. Got one for a friend as a gift.

Regards,

John Kettler

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You know the North Koreans really are quite militaristic compared to us:

DMgLefrWAAA9C-_.jpg

You won't see that in EU pre-schools and that's a fact!  :lol:

the other thing this makes me wonder.  Are these all Kim Jong Un's bastard offspring?  You know this isn't your typical "my parents are eating grass and working in a coal mine that is ready to collapse to make ends meet" children's day care.

Edited by sburke

Worrying:  http://uk.businessinsider.com/north-korea-diplomacy-last-legs-trump-ponders-war-2017-10?r=US&IR=T

"It is not so much that North Korea is shutting down, it’s that the message from the US  government is, 'surrender without a fight or surrender with a fight,'" the official said. Another added that diplomatic efforts are on their "last legs."

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It's interesting the way people seem to think it's even possible to negotiate anymore.
The only way we can appease North Korea is to surrender to them.
They're not going to accept anything until they have an ICBM, once they have one, they will simply hold us hostage.

if he does I don't think N Korea will be here next week.  If a N Korean nuke missile explodes above ground I expect the US military will react immediately.  I think N Korea knows that and combined with some of the flak they are getting from China they have to be a bit wary.  That tunnel collapse set back their testing program a bit.