Pistols for the troops!

Ivan Zaitzev

Hello. A long standing bug/feature of CMA is that troops carrying pistols are shown as carrying AKs.

I have copied the Tokarev tt33 mdr and bmp files from the demo of CM:RT and placed them in my CM:A Z folder. Then I renamed the mdr file to "m9". Now my troops are carrying pistols but the model is not perfect, and the reloading animation is still the one from the AK. So basically this only works to know at a glance what units are carrying pistols.

I don't really have an idea of how this works and why it's working so If someone more knowledgeable than me is willing to try and get this working as best as it can, please do!

jRH113O.jpg

As you can see in this pic, when reloading, you still get the AK reloading animation, but the Tokarev magazine.

Edited by Ivan Zaitzev

I was looking at your pics for CMA.  Do you have any mods for the skins for troops?   The DRA skins available are bad.  And I think the developer made the skin mod work differently to the other CM2 titles.  So, troop skins from other games do not work properly in CMA.  (Not surprised that BF ended their collaboration with this developer.)

On 9/13/2017 at 4:09 PM, Erwin said:

I was looking at your pics for CMA.  Do you have any mods for the skins for troops?   The DRA skins available are bad.  And I think the developer made the skin mod work differently to the other CM2 titles.  So, troop skins from other games do not work properly in CMA.  (Not surprised that BF ended their collaboration with this developer.)

Yes, face skins for DRA are particularly bad and on top of that, are made different from the Insurgents and Soviets for some reason so it's not easy (at least for me) to replace them. And I don't think there is any mod available.

There are a couple of uniform mods for the Soviets and Insurgents but It's hard to say if they add much to the game. I'm usually playing at long distances from the ground so I don't really care for high textures and small details.