US conventional warfare capabilities

This probably applies more to light infantry units like 173rd airborne than to heavy forces although some issues raised in the article may well apply there. In the real world complacency in peace time will be paid for in blood in war 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/02/army-study-173rd-airborne-brigade-europe-russia-242273

In game terms perhaps scenario designers will have to consider downgrading thE troop quality of at least some US units to take account of relative inexperience in high tech conventional warfare, skills that may have atrophied over years of COIN. Maybe we should be more regularly giving the Russians an EW advantage over US forces early in the war. We can assume that over the opening weeks US forces will learn lessons (at a significant cost) and rduce or remov these penalties later

Edited by LUCASWILLEN05

I found the issues around lack of training/experience in high intensity  warfare  most interesting Then the EW challenge.

Finally confirmation, at least in terms of leg infantry units the deficiency in AA capability. If these problems also exist in 82nd Airborne, 101st Airmobile then, given these are the Rapid Deployment forces the US military may face a "nasty little Kasserine" in the event of war with Russia or even a second rate army like North Korea. 

15 hours ago, cool breeze said:

Meanwhile Germany continues to impress the world with their level of commitment to a united defense.   Wait is Lucas really german or am I thinking of someone else

Half Swiss on my late Father's side actually. Which means I stay neutral, sell arms to both sides and make huge profits. And gt vry offended if you call me GERMAN! :lol: