What is going on?

On 2017-10-15 at 1:48 AM, grunt_GI said:

HMMM, never thought about that...I have probably played 3 or 4 H2H by PBEM in my almost 20 years of CM...:lol:

Maybe I could give that a go.

Another way to create scenario without AI plans is an attack vs a well entrenched and well planned static defense. It can be challenging enough.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16-10-2017 at 11:19 PM, rocketman said:

Another way to create scenario without AI plans is an attack vs a well entrenched and well planned static defense. It can be challenging enough.

Actually that is what I'm contemplaiting to do with my scenario. Russian side is entrenched and has excellent LOS. German side is attacking and has enough firepower to finish the job, if the player is skilled enough. Yes, it definitely is an option too.

If you can write an AI script for one group, you can write one for sixteen.....Getting them coordinated to give the appearance of a deliberate and planned attack is the complicated part, but you don't need to do that for a spoiler or similar.  Even running some reinforcements into position gets you started with scripting and from there it's just progression and patience.  B)

And then there are scenarios like "Colossal Crack"   the excellent cross section of Operation Goodwood. I really enjoyed that scenario. One of the tests of a historical scenario to me is how well does it  compare to what really historically happened.  I thought that scenario really nailed it.

1 hour ago, J Bennett said:

And then there are scenarios like "Colossal Crack"   the excellent cross section of Operation Goodwood. I really enjoyed that scenario. One of the tests of a historical scenario to me is how well does it  compare to what really historically happened.  I thought that scenario really nailed it.

I've been meaning to play that scenario for ages, but never came around to it. Thanks for the reminder, must have a look at it.