Battle for France 1939-1940

wesweber

There have been no plans announced, and unless BFC does a compete turn around on their schedule, I wouldn't expect to see coverage of that period for many years. A pity; there have been many calls for such a game, although I am not sure that there would be a large enough number of sales to return the investment.

As for mods, I fear that a mere mod would not come even close. The equipment and its performance had evolved so much in the four year gap that it just wouldn't work. Somua S35 vs. PzKw III is not the same as Sherman vs. Panther.

Michael

14 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

An early war CM (especially France 1940) is a dream for many of us... I personally find it much more interesting than the late war that always gets the love. 

I agree with you completely. I think that at the present time though there aren't many of us in the wargaming community. I would love to see proof that I am wrong about that.

Michael

On 1.9.2017 at 0:05 AM, wesweber said:

Any BattleFront plans to simulate the beginning of WW2 1939-1940?  If not are there any mods/senarios that simulate 1939-1940 in any of the Combat Mission games?

IIRCR, there are some French vehicles in the CMBN vehicle pack. So, that might be a start to design early war tank action scenarios. 

On 2.9.2017 at 2:37 PM, Michael Emrys said:

And the R35 is in FI. Still nowhere near enough to make a convincing Scenario.

Michael

I was thinking along the lines of a "Dunkirk" scenario. British infantry defending in the outskirts against German infantry with some PzII and a few R35 come to rescue.

May be playable, but you are right: There's not much meat on it....