Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Champagne

Proper Re-install Sequence, please.

Recommended Posts

What is the proper sequence please? I have the latest version. I think I need to uninstall and reinstall. RT keeps crashing. I don't know why. Maybe some files are corrupted, tho I don't know how that happened.  Clean install might do the trick.

Proper procedure, please? Thanks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Champagne said:

What is the proper sequence please? I have the latest version. I think I need to uninstall and reinstall. RT keeps crashing. I don't know why. Maybe some files are corrupted, tho I don't know how that happened.  Clean install might do the trick.

Proper procedure, please? Thanks.

 

 

Difficult to answer. What version do you have? 4.0? Then just download from BFC again and re-install.

If you don't have 4.0, I would start from scratch. I.e., start with your original purchase, check what version that is and then install one newer patch after the other. IIRCR, there were not too many patches for RT any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, 4.0 is the way to go!  I forgot that 4.0 is a full-version of all of the games. 4.0 provides the complete install. Only patches AFTER 4.0 need be installed.

My issue of crashing is with a User-Made scenario that was made BEFORE 4.0.  Could that be the issue?  How likely is it that 4.0 might have crashing issues with User Made scenarios and campaigns ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champagne said:

Yes, 4.0 is the way to go!  I forgot that 4.0 is a full-version of all of the games. 4.0 provides the complete install. Only patches AFTER 4.0 need be installed.

My issue of crashing is with a User-Made scenario that was made BEFORE 4.0.  Could that be the issue?  How likely is it that 4.0 might have crashing issues with User Made scenarios and campaigns ?

 

Hm, unlikely. Personally, I experienced crashes only with large scenarios on weaker machines. Ok, perhaps a random crash on rare ocassions.

What scenario do you talk about? Perhaps other people here have other experiences...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My computer specs

 

CyberPower Computer specs
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5
CPU:  Intel® Core™ i7-990X processor, 6 cores
Memory:  24 GB
Video Card:   ASUS GeForce Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 
SSD:  None
Western Digital Blue 1TB
Case:  Sniper Black Edition
Power Supply:  Commander 1200 Watts
Sound Card:  Creative SoundBlaster Z-Series
Monitor:  ViewSonic
OS:  Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

 

Scenario is one that I've played previously with no crash: KG von Saucken
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently with 4.0 I've been able to play 'KG von Saucken' in real-time as German vs AI for about 10 minutes, ending/saving the game without problem. I performed two saves which both worked.

Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4

CPU: Intel i5-2500K, 4-core

Memory: 16 GB

Video Card: GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Sound: Realtek HD audio

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

The 'KG von Saucken' BTT file has a 'size on disk' of 1,646,952 bytes and I recently downloaded it from the Battlefront Repository.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a great scenario, isn't it, Schrullenhaft?

Yesterday I completed "Studienka". Another great scenario. It is very large, probably larger than KG v Saucken. I had no problems with Studienka. 

Weird, ay?

The ability to do a complete Re-install with 4.0 makes that purchase very much worth it. I don't know whether I will do that because of one scenario.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.9.2017 at 5:25 PM, Champagne said:

It is a great scenario, isn't it, Schrullenhaft?

Yesterday I completed "Studienka". Another great scenario. It is very large, probably larger than KG v Saucken. I had no problems with Studienka. 

Weird, ay?

The ability to do a complete Re-install with 4.0 makes that purchase very much worth it. I don't know whether I will do that because of one scenario.

 

 

 

Did you buy 4.0 already? If so, If in doubt I would do the reinstall.

Should cost you max 15min or so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×