The Steppenwulf

Bridge Bug in Black Sea

CM Black Sea:

Crossing a river with a BMP in amphibious mode. Passing under a road bridge but moving on the water below. Then suddenly BMP is positioned on the bridge itself.

Since the bridge bugs are well known to be persistent due to game engine limitation (smoke rounds do not land on bridges etc..), is this bug already well known and affects all amphibious vehicles - I'm not sure there are any amphibious vehicles in CM:BN, so perhaps this is a bug experienced only in BS? 

It's pretty disastrous for the game (like smoke rounds above) if it simply cannot (and never will) be fixed. :( 

Only CMBS has amphibious units at the moment. Does the vehicle get stuck on the bridge? Or does it resolve itself after a while? We should ask for a fix. There have been lots of bridge fixes and I am sure there will be more.

I cancelled its amphibious movement because that is highly likely to have prevented any other actions continuing. I reset waypoints as if the BMP was now on the bridge and will leave at one end. The vehicle is essentially on the bridge and behaves like a vehicle on a bridge - only it's been mysteriously elevated 40m by the Holy Bear to get there.

I wondered how smoke behaves on bridges in other CM games (I do have BN but never noticed before)? Does it land on the bridge (as it should) or does it fall through the bridge to the water surface beneath as I and my scenario opponent are observing in BS? I was thinking particularly about the stock MG scenarios where there are long bridges and some players must have used smoke rounds. Also unknown but follows logically; what about HE artillery rounds on bridges? 

Either way both need fixing in BS, given the scale of amphibious movement and broad rivers with bridges, it's a pretty catastrophic problem in my view!