CMSF Release 2007?

Wow...I remember all the horrible press when it first came out (and of course, many of us Mac owners mourned as it did not initially come out for Mac...which is why I have full versions of both the PC and MAC modules...played it for years under OS X Bootcamp B))...and now, 10 years later, many of us are eagerly awaiting the port of CMSF to the v4.0 engine.

It definitely has aged better than I have the last 10 years.

Kudos to BFC for 10 years of awesomeness.

4 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

Kudos to BFC for 10 years of awesomeness.

?... A 10 year old game that many of us still enjoy... a lot is to be elevated to a more advanced "New Modern"?.

A Win - Win for us all. Yes Happy Birthday CMSF.

Buzz

Ok, so I will stick my neck out.  Since I have a YUGE number of scenarios and campaigns thanks to the magnificent effort of folks to vacuum them up and post them...thanks @Erwin :D  I would like to find out what everyone thinks is:

1) Best BFC Scenario (came with the base game or a module)

2)  Best community made Scenario

3) Best campaign

This is a very practical question...there are over 50 campaigns and 400+ scenarios out there...so I figure I should try the best first....

C'mon it's been 10 years...I figure there's lots of opinions out there.....

A great game/simulation and I cant wait for CMSF2 to be released. Its only the advances to the engine that keeps me from going back at the moment (with the promise of CMSF2). I much prefer the setting to CMBS and the possibility to model so many of the modern day conflicts. 

2 hours ago, Fizou said:

A great game/simulation and I cant wait for CMSF2 to be released. Its only the advances to the engine that keeps me from going back at the moment (with the promise of CMSF2). I much prefer the setting to CMBS and the possibility to model so many of the modern day conflicts. 

100% in agreement. And hats off to the 'few good men' in this forum who actually develop scenarios for the current CMSF. It's pretty amazing actually... I think some should actually be given the opportunity to assist in developing some of the first CMSFII scenarios. (Unless it's already being done?)

Edited by borg
Spelling

I play the campaigns primarily as that is where the CM system shines - when you have to take into account force and ammo preservation.

My favorites (at least the ones I see still in my saved games folder) have been:

Back On Tracks  (German)

The Khabour Trail

Warriors In The Sands (Brits)

Zawiya Uprising (Red vs Red with Uncons)

The Road to Dinas  (Red vs Red.  However, some missions are very hard and frustrating.  I have had to repeatedly replay several missions just to advance until I burned out.)

I think Dragonwynn's latest campaign offering "The Heart Of Darkness" looks very good. altho have only played the first mission so far. 

I prefer combined arms, so while there are some good infantry-dominated campaigns those are not my favorites.

Xnt standalone scenarios that I recall:

UK Mud Marines (My favorite - played it twice!  Lots of those wonderful Brit light vehicles.)

A Helluva Road Opening + UK Helluva Takeover

Mullah Fayyad

Into The Green

Actually too many to list...  IMO all the more recent CMSF scenarios and campaigns are xnt as designers have had years to perfect their craft.