Jump to content
John Kettler

Putin seems to be incrementally taking over Georgia

Recommended Posts

Nothing new here, they are doing exactly the same thing in Moldova and Azerbaijan as well, with it going a bit hot in the latter one a few months back. Trying to do the same in Ukraine too using "ceasefire" as a cover - but getting their teeth kicked in thus far. That's typical when you consider that the only thing one can boast about is how much he stole from others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kraze said:

Nothing new here, they are doing exactly the same thing in Moldova and Azerbaijan as well, with it going a bit hot in the latter one a few months back. Trying to do the same in Ukraine too using "ceasefire" as a cover - but getting their teeth kicked in thus far. That's typical when you consider that the only thing one can boast about is how much he stole from others.

Guess that must be Ukraine who creeps up on Moldovan land... :rolleyes: Since there's no such thing as Russia-Moldova border... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IMHO said:

Guess that must be Ukraine who creeps up on Moldovan land... :rolleyes: Since there's no such thing as Russia-Moldova border... :D

There's also no russian border between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Since when did that stop russians?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kraze said:

Nothing new here, they are doing exactly the same thing in Moldova and Azerbaijan as well, with it going a bit hot in the latter one a few months back. Trying to do the same in Ukraine too using "ceasefire" as a cover - but getting their teeth kicked in thus far. That's typical when you consider that the only thing one can boast about is how much he stole from others.

And it might be convenient for some people to forget but at the Transnistrian War Ukrainian paramilitary groups fought AGAINST Moldova and FOR cessation of Transnistia. Just some choose not to remember that nowadays. Actually without organized Ukrainian state support the whole affair wouldn't be possible as Transnistria is land-locked between Moldova and Ukraine. But certainly Russians did it :D

Edited by IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Wow, what's up with the freaking Russian apologists on this site all of a sudden? Brietfart followers perhaps?

Well to be fair, some of the news lately is pretty egregious. I think it might be a natural reaction to the propaganda that blames everything on the Russians.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/asia/taliban-weapons-afghanistan/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, IMHO said:

And it might be convenient for some people to forget but at the Transnistrian War Ukrainian paramilitary groups fought AGAINST Moldova and FOR cessation of Transnistia. Just some choose not to remember that nowadays. Actually without organized Ukrainian state support the whole affair wouldn't be possible as Transnistria is land-locked between Moldova and Ukraine. But certainly Russians did it :D

Oh them Evil ukrainian paramilitary groups that nobody has seen that make bad things! Yet somehow it's russian troops who suddenly ended up occupying Transnistria with not a single ukrainian in sight. Same as Karabakh is chock-full with russians even though it's a yet another "civil" war. Come on, stop lying, no naive people here.

It's a variation of a typical russian excuse "WE will be murdering you - but America is to blame!"

Edited by kraze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

Well to be fair, some of the news lately is pretty egregious. I think it might be a natural reaction to the propaganda that blames everything on the Russians.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/asia/taliban-weapons-afghanistan/index.html

No, russians and their supporters just lie because it suits them. Lies are their last line of defense before admitting their country are run by and filled with insane murderers - and who would want that?

And if you think I'm overexaggerating - do a research. After USSR fell - Russia, which was weakened, but not enough so, gave countries a choice - either you have our military base in your country (hidden occupation) or you get a hot war. Moldova, Azerbaijan and Georgia refused - and got invaded by russians (with magical "$insert_random_name people's republics" popping up), not to mention the outright massacre and complete occupation of Chechnya. In a way that let Baltic states "escape" in time due to Russia being busy with 4 wars at once. FOUR invasions in just FOUR years and those are early 90s, not even modern stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you do us all a favour and keep your naïve, ill informed and terribly biased drivel to yourself, there's a good chap.  :)

PS - Nice one JK, this pointless & irrelevant thread has really helped to improve the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the forum.....Jolly well done.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kraze said:

..not to mention the outright massacre and complete occupation of Chechnya. In a way that let Baltic states "escape" in time due to Russia being busy with 4 wars at once. FOUR invasions in just FOUR years and those are early 90s, not even modern stuff.

Uh, if you're implying that Russia started that one, I have a  nice bridge to sell, overlooking the sweetest stretch of Kansas oceanfront you've ever seen. Chechnya was literally invading other regions and running mass kidnapping/slavery rings. Nobody in the world would (willingly) put up with that going on across their border, especially not when they were also getting massive terrorist attacks right alongside with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kraze said:

After USSR fell - Russia, which was weakened, but not enough so, gave countries a choice - either you have our military base in your country (hidden occupation) or you get a hot war. Moldova, Azerbaijan and Georgia refused - and got invaded by russians (with magical "$insert_random_name people's republics" popping up), not to mention the outright massacre and complete occupation of Chechnya. In a way that let Baltic states "escape" in time due to Russia being busy with 4 wars at once. FOUR invasions in just FOUR years and those are early 90s, not even modern stuff.

You don't undertand how does it work when a state breaks up. In any separatist province live loyalists, who don't want to live in "new country", and they want to separate and then  reunite with the homeland. "If Canada is divisible so is Quebec", it's a classic. Collapse of the Soviet Union triggered conflicts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes completely comparable. When a province or territory wants to break away in Canada we hold several referendums, when an autonomous region wants to break away in the former Soviet Union bodies begin to hold many bullets :^) a fine allegory. Thank you for explaining to me how two responsible & accountable governments splinter.

Edited by Rinaldi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Would you do us all a favour and keep your naïve, ill informed and terribly biased drivel to yourself, there's a good chap.  :)

PS - Nice one JK, this pointless & irrelevant thread has really helped to improve the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the forum.....Jolly well done.  :rolleyes:

That's an unnecessarily rude comment don't you think? I have no idea what this thread has to do with the game. But starting your comment off by calling someone naïve and ill-informed, then complaining that it ruins the welcoming aspect of the forum is a bit hypocritical. Its like when Russia condemns the Americans for bombing a hospital in Syria, shortly before glassing a couple of hospitals filled with gas victims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rinaldi said:

Yes completely comparable. When a province or territory wants to break away in Canada we hold several referendums, when an autonomous region wants to break away in the former Soviet Union bodies begin to hold many bullets :^) a fine allegory. Thank you for explaining to me how two responsible & accountable governments splinter.

 

You can start preaching about responsible secessionist government at 03:45. Tell us when you find one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You quite mistake me @IMHO. I said governments, the only government that handled the Chechen affair with as much irresponsibility and stupidity as Grozny was of course Moscow.

 

Warm regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are mistaken @Rinaldi, Russia handled the Chechen issue pretty well all things considered. I also think you are being unfair to @IMHO, who is simply pointing out how brutal th Chechens were. There was the time they took 800 people hostage and forced Russia to kill over 100 hostages in order to remedy the situation. 

Kind Regards,

Sid Burn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sid_burn said:

That's an unnecessarily rude comment don't you think? I have no idea what this thread has to do with the game. But starting your comment off by calling someone naïve and ill-informed, then complaining that it ruins the welcoming aspect of the forum is a bit hypocritical.

Just as background, Kettler likes to peddle conspiracy theory nonsense of the sort very few would find credible or even plausible. We're talking straight up mind control rays, the Poles sending a full division into the Ukraine to fight Russia, the clandestine use of nuclear weapons being used in irregular warfare, etc. He has been told not to do it but every so often tries to slip it back into his other posting. A lot of people get annoyed by it, so that hostility isn't just coming out of nowhere.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My what a fascinating turn things have taken here. Business Insider picked up and reported on this story from, not some neo-Nazi or neocon, site but  Yahoo UK! If you don't believe me, here's the link.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-moves-border-georgia-hardly-anyone-notices-110903370.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb

Andy,

Wakarimasen. I don't get it. You seem to be acting as though I tried to pull something. I wasn't, and I didn't.

Apocal,
 

You've been here more than long enough to know exactly what I can and can't, do and don't talk about, as well as why. Now, by "more than long enough" I mean longer than I've been here, which was January 2000! Consequently, you've seen what went down and what was directly asked of me by Steve regarding certain topics. I have rigorously, oft at considerable cost to myself, honored his request. To impute, therefore,  I'm trying, at considerable risk to my ability to stay on the Forums, to slip a verboten post past is untrue, insulting and outrageous. Evidently, what was said, in an article I certainly didn't create, has upset you, but it's your job as an adult to address that properlyand not slam me. I look forward to your public apology when I get done showing you and everyone else just how real the basis was for that article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/24/world/europe/in-russias-frozen-zone-a-creeping-border-with-georgia.html 

In Russia’s ‘Frozen Zone,’ a Creeping Border With Georgia

By ANDREW HIGGINS OCT. 23, 2016

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/07/creeping-russian-border-georgia-south-ossetia-abkhazia-150722111452829.html

The creeping Russian border in Georgia.    27 JULY 2015

Moscow-backed security forces recently moved the border fence with Georgia, taking more territory for Russian control.

https://intpolicydigest.org/2017/07/17/putin-is-literally-moving-georgia-s-border/

Putin Is Literally Moving Georgia's Border.

By David Oliver. 17 July 2017

To show you how hard this was to research, I had these in under two minutes, and they're all at the top of Page 1 Google results using "Georgia, border creep" as the search phrase. Further, it was trivial to show this isn't some one-off behavioral pattern by Putin but has been going on for years. It is a very real, though unvoiced, state policy, a policy in direct and particular alignment with Putin's publicly stated intention to restore the Russian Empire. 

Given the above, what's your take on the OP now? The apology line forms to the center, that way I theoretically can't be also called an extremist! 

Regards,

John Kettler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...