About upgrade4/ engine4

Howdy cowgirls,

I am new to CM. Over the last days I extensively played the demos and now I am about to purchase.

My question is: Do I need to buy upgrade 4 to have the latest experience or is the base game of CMFB updated to the last engine? I saw a post on the "home" section of the battlefront-page stating base games are up to date. However, I am confused if ENGINE4 and UPGRADE4 are the same thing.

Would appreciate clarification :)

Thx guys

DISCLAIMER: I posted this in the Red Thunder sub, too, to get an answer asap, so that I can start playing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sburke ---- are you sure about that? 

A PBEM opponent and I just discovered that, even though he purchased FBlitzkrieg 3 days ago --- it came as version 3.102 (or whatever the last one was before the engine 4 update).   We ran into this because he could not load a turn.  Below is the chat: 

--------------------------------------------------

You:
 Good luck, hope you enjoy the scenario
Oppo:
 funny it gets to 25% loading and just stops

You:
 ..... uhhhhh....... thats not good..... are you certain its not on your end?   If not I guess I have to remake my turn / setup.  Let me know.
You:
 like... maybe your HD where CM is installed doesnt have enough free space? .... or..... do you have Final blitzkreig 4.0 ? (latest patch, the 10 dollar one) ??
Oppo:
 i just bought the game so i thought it had 4 built in 

You:
 Yes I believe thats true  ---- You can check , main screen bottom right
Oppo:
 and ive 500 Gig free

You:
 okkkk we must have a corrupted turn then --- Let me try and drop it again --- if that doesnt work, I will remake it 
Oppo:
 it always takes a while to load though
You:
 ok well give it like.... 4 - 5 minutes, and let me know 
You:
 Cuz I think the file is probably ok :D I've never seen this problem (that I remember)
Oppo:
 you might be right ive got 3 -102

Oppo:
 ill buy version 4
You:
 sounds good  --- you know battlefront, they like to make the MOST money they can... the new tracer effects are kinda cool though.
You:
 Just curious when did you buy the game?  I'll put this rumor to rest on the Forums that it comes updated.
Oppo:
 3 days ago!

You:
 WOW.  That aint right!  .... ok I'm going to post about this.

what he said - CMFB came out in April last year.  The upgrade in October and if my memory cells are functional ( I make no claim they are, but IF they are) the full installer was updated in November.

If you open a ticket with BF and they see the sale date I am pretty certain they will rectify it for you which you could have done right away but that must be the kind of advanced behavior that only a team of NSA / Chinese hackers could perform.  </sarcasm> :D