CMRT Campaign: Zitadelle: Totenkopf's March to Prokhorovka

Am not a fan of night scenarios.  Have to turn up the gain on my monitor so it looks like crappy daylight just to see what am doing.  However, I enjoyed this particular scenario as it's fun to creep around feeling for the enemy which one encounters at very short range.  It's a great scenario as one gets a lot of use out of flamethrowers :) and satchel charges.

So once in a while a night scenario is fun.  But, otherwise I agree, they are usually simply frustrating and pointless if one can't see anything without greatly enhanced brightness.

I actually need to play this one again as the first time I tested it there was an error that made the mortars useless.  (DW has fixed that.)

With Reshade installed in OpenGl and experimenting with simply switching off/on effects ingame (no value tweaking needed) I am able to produce visually appealing nights that are bright enough and don´t need the artificial shader or ugly brightness amounts.

However it comes with a big con I didn´t figure out how to fix. In briefing and menu screens you have to turn it off with a hotkey temporarily otherwise you will get crazy visual bugs.

You guys could try it if the technical stuff and the downsides of this don´t scare you

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I discovered this campaign and I really enjoy playing it.
The beginning started off badly, because I'm only starting out on WW2 Combat Mission (i played Shock Force few years ago) and the minefield with the pioners is an ordeal for beginners. No problem, I passed in force XD

Otherwise there is a small error in the campaign tree, mission 4: "Clash at Kochetovka", I was surprised not to see it. But I just unlocked it after the mission: "The 96th Tank Brigade counterattack".

Even though this campaign was created a few years ago, I congratulate the author for his work.

28 minutes ago, Mik093 said:

I discovered this campaign and I really enjoy playing it.
The beginning started off badly, because I'm only starting out on WW2 Combat Mission (i played Shock Force few years ago) and the minefield with the pioners is an ordeal for beginners. No problem, I passed in force XD

Otherwise there is a small error in the campaign tree, mission 4: "Clash at Kochetovka", I was surprised not to see it. But I just unlocked it after the mission: "The 96th Tank Brigade counterattack".

Even though this campaign was created a few years ago, I congratulate the author for his work.

Thanks for the complement. I will look at the tree and see what’s up. It’s been awhile since I’ve looked at the campaign.

18 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Thanks for the complement. I will look at the tree and see what’s up. It’s been awhile since I’ve looked at the campaign.

Oh, I didn't think the author would be active after these years. It's cool.

Can I take this opportunity to ask you a question? It concerns the choice to make in the mission: Decision.
I know the choice is whether or not to use our reserves for the next mission. But how to choose? If I choose the ceasefire or destroy the Soviet truck, I don't know what consequences I get.