If your old CMx1 Mac died, you miss it & can't play CMx1...

Had a horrible scare with my computer's sound chip, now fortunately resolved (no idea how, for had tried everything imaginable before. Earlier, the speakers, headset or both had this continuous ;pw howl. Anyway, this sent me looking for used Macs, which is how I unexpectedly found myself walking down memory lane when I encountered a i17" iMac Snowball, G4s, G5s, Mac Pro Towers and all sorts of goodies on MacOfAllTrades, GainSaver and eBay. One guy had a Green G4 iMac complete with box and docs. Yours for $100. Not sure why this is the case, because quite some time ago (year + or more), no used Mac dealers had so much as one, and inquiries I made resulted in being told they were just gone. Thought I'd pass the word in case anyone Mac is seeking to regain the ability to play the more or less all-encompassing games of yore.

Regards,

John Kettler

Interesting, John. But hardware is only half the equation. Unless you have access to the relevant OS, you're still stuck. I don't so much want to play CMx1 again, but there are a couple of flight sims from 20-25 years ago that I would love to take to the skies again as well as a small number of other games.

Michael

Michael Emrys,

Believe the OS comes installed on these machines. Earlier OS and OS related software is out there. For example, I recently bought Page 4.3 after running into nightmarish problems in trying to add new material to my book done in Page 6 to a 4.3 created layout. Not only did I almost lose my mind, but so did Apple Technical Support before the true nature of the problem was determined. There is a ton of stuff out there, and it's cheap, too, but offered by reputable sellers.

Regards,

John Kettler