Miss the old Search!

I find the new version to be dumber than rocks (apologies to rocks!). It was easy to find things with the old one, but the new one gives me fits. Am trying to find Bil Hardenberg's post about Caesar's Gallic Wars and am getting nowhere fast--while searching the GDF where I know he posted about his novel in the making. Search has never heard of Gaul, didn't respond at all to "Gallic," kicked up two references to Caesar (neither applicable) and nothing when I looked for Julius, either. Have had much the same thing happen on other searches, too, when I know perfectly well a thread exists on a given topic, yet Search can't find anything. It's as if Search isn't seeing most of what it could be trawling to find the desired item. I absolutely don't understand how it can be so clueless. Anyone else having similar experiences and is pining for the old Search as a result? Where our, ahem, wonderful new Search found two results, the Google site command produced 511 results in an eye blink, with the one I sought being third. Methinks there's something really wrong with the new Search.

Regards,

John Kettler

6 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Methinks there's something really wrong with the new Search.

Even Steve has declared that it sucks. Just how bad it sucks, I can't post as it would violate a forum rule or two, but suffice it to say that it involves giant donkeys and certain rubber implements. Mostly people move on to the same solution you did, which is to go straight to Google.

Michael