Sign in to follow this  
AtheistDane

Request: Mortar ammo dumps in next version

Well then we may as well have ammo dump demolition...  and then we get into bridge demo, minefield clearing etc.  All good fun, but the "realism" grogs will object.

My personal wishlist for supply/ammo.

- Supply Platoon options for all infantry and crewed weapons

- Ability to purchase Supply Dumps in Quick Battles (sometimes, vehicles can be hard to conceal...)

- One Supply Dump for each vehicle replaced

- Converting MG/mortar/AT teams that don't have an ammo bearer team to 2-team squads (so you can split it and don't have to send the weapon itself or the unit's leader to fetch ammo)

3 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

I have mentioned this before, but I would like the option to add any kind of ammo you want to a supply depot in the editor.

+1. To include hand grenades, man-portable AT weapons, etc.

Michael

Have been requesting an overhaul of the ACQUIRE process for years. 

Adjacent units should be able to swap ammo and perhaps even some weapons (all with limitations of course) and with a time delay during which they couldn't do anything except maybe take cover or react to an attack.  It wastes far too much of a player's time trying to do all the orders and clicks needed for significant numbers of inf units to ACQUIRE.  And if you make a mistake...   :o

currently mortar ammo dumps can be placed during purchase/setup from dismounted trucks belonging to the mortars (usually motorized support/hvy wpns Coy from BN formations). These can also be put onto the map via reinforcements setup. Used these in my 1944 pillbox defense scenario. Yet I ´d wish for configurable ammo dumps as well.

Edited by RockinHarry

On 7/16/2017 at 6:30 AM, Erwin said:

I found that a CMSF mod that gave range and caliber for all weapons worked quite well in CMA.  But, is your mod available for d/l?? 

Now it is: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5218

It's just a modification of a mod made by Scipio. Do you have that mod with calibers and ranges? I wouldn't mind having the ranges of my weapons actually.

The mod I use in CMSF has calibers and ranges.  Most of it works in CMA.  I see you also have done new screens and silhouettes for CMA. 

However, I think Scipio's work is easier to read.  I loaded up a scenario and could not immediately find any weapons left out.  If you PM me I will send you all the CMA mods I currently use which feature easy to read caliber and range.

PS: This thread needs to be moved to CMA area.

Edited by Erwin

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:25 AM, Ivan Zaitzev said:

I'm not very knowledgeable in guns and ammo, so In CM:A I created a mod where weapons that have ammo in the depots, also have the specific caliber in their weapon image so I don't make mistakes.

TPmOj3i.jpg

Now, this is very useful! I'm frequently confused with the calibers. Thanks Ivan!