[Request] Scenario Played Tick-Off

Hi Folks,

I don't know if anyone remembers, but the original Combat Missions had one outstanding feature which never made it into the newer series:

A means of marking scenarios as played!

With so many scenarios on offer and with my relatively old age, I find that on occasion I'll fire up a scenario, only to discover it was one I played before - a bit of a pain given the scenario load times.

How about a means of marking a scenario as played?

I am a programmer (see https://ancientarmies.wordpress.com/ :) ), so I know that updating the UI in this way 'should' be a pretty trivial change that would produce a big bang for the buck!

Anyone else thinks this would be a good idea?

RobP

Edited by FlashPan

I follow your blog religiously for several years now, mate, great to see you posting over here.

Ticks next to scenario entries? That's SO 1999... what we need are Steam Achievements that we can showcase to our "friends"....

Failing that, having something like a "records" section where you can find, for every scenario - campaign based or stand alone - where you can see how many times you played it, the results obtained, etc. Taking screenshots and looking at some little thumbnails on the Windows File Explorer is not quite the same thing.

PS: It's been a few months since your last post on Ancient Armies - guess you've been busy with contract work.

4 hours ago, FlashPan said:

Hi Folks,

I don't know if anyone remembers, but the original Combat Missions had one outstanding feature which never made it into the newer series:

A means of marking scenarios as played!

With so many scenarios on offer and with my relatively old age, I find that on occasion I'll fire up a scenario, only to discover it was one I played before - a bit of a pain given the scenario load times.

How about a means of marking a scenario as played?

I am a programmer (see https://ancientarmies.wordpress.com/ :) ), so I know that updating the UI in this way 'should' be a pretty trivial change that would produce a big bang for the buck!

Anyone else thinks this would be a good idea?

RobP

Rob, good seeing you here.  I love your work on the Ancient Armies project and like Miquel I read every post.

When you are ready for a PBEM game let me know, that goes for you too Miquel. :) 

Thanks folks,

I have been real busy irl, hence the lack of updates. That said I have been doing some sporadic work - hoping to free up more time :) Games like this one, Steel Beasts and ASL don't help a lot though :)

Will have a look at PBEM once I get a little better on the offense. It seems that I still have a lot to learn - hopefully it's just a case of performing good recce first and keeping a reserve for those moments when you need them :)

RobP

1 hour ago, FlashPan said:

Will have a look at PBEM once I get a little better on the offense. It seems that I still have a lot to learn...

Rob, try the Tactical Toolbox on my BLOG:  http://battledrill.blogspot.com/  (links are on the left hand side) Hope it's useful.  Anyway a lot of basic tactics, techniques, etc. and some game planning info there too.

- hopefully it's just a case of performing good recce first and keeping a reserve for those moments when you need them

:)

Yep, that about puts it in a nutshell. do those things well and you will be alright.

5 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

Rob, try the Tactical Toolbox on my BLOG:  http://battledrill.blogspot.com/  (links are on the left hand side) Hope it's useful.  Anyway a lot of basic tactics, techniques, etc. and some game planning info there too.

Yep, that about puts it in a nutshell. do those things well and you will be alright.

Thanks Bil, Lot's of useful info there! :)