pcelt

Air support and weather condition types in Quick Battles

I cannot find any ref to this in the booklet but I would like to know if the weather conditions selected in Quick Battles affects whether air support is available  at all .

Any feedback very welcome and appreciated

guessing since no one has replied. Probably makes bombs/rockets/guns not as accurate. Makes me wonder if pilot would cancel flight if weather was really bad even thought you had an FO to use it. That would make quick battles fun

Edited by user1000

On 7/5/2017 at 1:23 PM, pcelt said:

I cannot find any ref to this in the booklet but I would like to know if the weather conditions selected in Quick Battles affects whether air support is available  at all .

Any feedback very welcome and appreciated

I just did a quick test in CMFI and the outcome surprised me.  Using both the scenario editor and a normal Quick Battle I was able to select aircraft for my TOE with weather set at overcast, heavy rain, downpour and dense fog.  I only ran each test a few times but on every test the aircraft attacked a point target with reasonable accuracy (Veteran pilot).  So the weather conditions don't seem to limit your ability to add aircraft to your TOE when purchasing units.  More surprisingly said aircraft seem to be reasonably accurate on point target.  I would suspect (hope) they have a more difficult time when given a large area target (up to 700 meters) and are basically hunting for targets on their own.  However I did not test them on area target.     

Thats not very desirable but it would take some effort to code, or the scenario designer will just make sure not to add aircraft when not appropriate. Same goes for QB, restrain and dont play those who are gamey bastidges.