Found A Free Bazooka Trick / Extra Ammo Trick

Preferably before the battle starts, let's say you want a crew of an m20 to have a bazooka, un mount a half track then un mount the m20. Mount the half track with the crew of the m20 and use the s button then acquire button to get a bazooka with rockets. un mount them from the half track and put them back in the m20. I think you can even give anyone from tankers to jeep crews a bazooka. You can have tankers acquire extra ammo such as carbine, mg, .50cal and rifle rounds if you fear running out during the game. You can do the same thing with a truck in the game only it won't have bazooka or rockets, instead .45 ammo. You can un mount the crews to deal with armor, the bazooka and ammo will always be acquired by other troops if your original team goes down with it to deal with armor on the map when you don't have the firepower left.

I think you should be able to acquire other items demo charges, rain gear, tarps, flashlights, binoculars, mortars, mortar rounds, radios, rifle grenades, tripods, regular grenades, smoke grenades, maps, pistols, spigots, illumination flares, carbines, pistols, garands, mines. Maybe have other vehicles able to carry other items as well.

Edited by user1000

Yes, the ACQUIRE routine needs to be redone.  

For years, have been boring anyone who will listen that one should be able to simply be adjacent to any unit and swap weapons and ammo.  There would have to be realistic restrictions of type and quantity of course.  And a time delay during which time one couldn't issue orders other than maybe the "Take Cover" order.

@user1000

Where is the trick you mentioned? You don't even need to dismount the Halftrack crew, just let the M20 crew board as passengers. I prefer to give tha Bazookas carried by Halftracks to infantry squads which don't have one, as they usually have a GI trained on the thing, who can put it to use more effectively.

@Erwin

Good idea. I just happen to have a match where I have one Panzerschreck-team without ammo an one with rockets but the gunner + launcher bit the dust. The way it is now, both teams are useless in their intended role. Furthermore, in the same match, I desperately want to re-distribute some Pazerfausts but can't do it.

Would be a nice addition.

Here's another M20 trick that you might find useful. If you bail out the original crew, you can replace it with an FO team. They will drive it, even fire the .50 although the team leader is horribly exposed to do so. Best of all, he still functions as an FO while in the vehicle. And it is safer than riding around in a jeep. I don't know if it is any safer than an HT, but it is a smaller target, so might not get spotted so readily. I expect that the team leader can communicate with air support, though I haven't tested for that yet.

Michael

On 7/4/2017 at 9:46 PM, Michael Emrys said:

Here's another M20 trick that you might find useful. If you bail out the original crew, you can replace it with an FO team. They will drive it, even fire the .50 although the team leader is horribly exposed to do so. Best of all, he still functions as an FO while in the vehicle. And it is safer than riding around in a jeep. I don't know if it is any safer than an HT, but it is a smaller target, so might not get spotted so readily. I expect that the team leader can communicate with air support, though I haven't tested for that yet.

Michael

How did you find this out?! That is going to be a lot safer from small arms when radioing strikes. Do they need to be unbuttoned to radio it in?

Edited by user1000

5 hours ago, user1000 said:

Do they need to be unbuttoned to radio it in?

Nope. I had been toying with the idea of putting them in Command Cars just as a matter of historical accuracy (sometimes). Unfortunately, in the game the M20 only has room for two passengers, and an FO team has three members. So I was stymied until your post put it in my mind that I could bail out the original crew and replace them with the FO team. It's a little gamey, but it works.

Michael

If you have to 'Bail-Out' the crew in the editor, the crew-swap probably won't work (when you start the game the crew will reappear in the vehicle, forcing their replacements to dismount).....However if you can get the crew out with 'Dismount' in the editor the crew-swap should be a goer, based on my experiments elsewhere.

FWIW

PS - Just had a play in the editor.....It turns out things are not quite as I expected:  The bailed out crew did indeed jump back to the M20, but the FO Team was not forced to dismount, rather it was reduced to two men.  I just added some artillery to check whether the reduced FO team is functional and it appears that it is.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead