11 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

The ideas in this thread are interesting though, I'd be open to doing a PBEM so you could put them to the test in a flexible environment. Slots are opening up on my end. 

+1 to this. I would love to see some of the advice in this thread put to good use. I think it would help everyone to see it all play out in a PBEM. I would throw my name into the ring of possible contenders, but unfortunately Olek has seen fit to block me as he feels I have been too critical of him. 

Not only is Rinaldi a fine opponent, but he creates very well done written/video AARs. A battle between him and Olek would prove to be very educational, and would no doubt be well presented for everyone to see and understand. 

1 minute ago, sid_burn said:

To be fair, it takes very little to strike fear into the heart of the ukranian army. Even uttering the simple phrase “that ridge is held by unemployed taxi drivers” is enough to turn the Azov battalion into a quivering mess. 

The Russians must also have this problem because they seem to have stopped as well.

16 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Gotta say I'm with @IanL on this one. If your tracks get hit in masking terrain the dismounts can just dive into fairly dense cover - without what can only be described as total wasteage of heavy arty. I also doubt the efficiency of trying to advance tracks through fields you've just cratered into a mudpile (game models that iirc) with 203.

The ideas in this thread are interesting though, I'd be open to doing a PBEM so you could put them to the test in a flexible environment. Slots are opening up on my end. 

I would absolutely love for this to happen. It would be great fun, especially if you made an aar out of it.

@Battlefront.com Steve please make this happen. I think I speak for all loyal Combat Mission customers when I say let them fight. 

30 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

Something tells me that if I was a Ukranian soldier and my superior briefed us by saying "Our artillery has created cover in the open field we'll be crossing by blowing holes into the ground" I wouldn' be to "enthused" about the attack. My second question would probably be "Sir have they thought about firing shells at the enemy?"

Its actually happened several times) but not with regular units but with VDV - so the shelling happened and then they were going out of their planes. And I think other countries were doing this thing few times. 

27 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

Now, I have no experience with BS, but would it not be a better course of action to drop that heavy arty (which presumably, is rare outside of QBs and is very expensive), not on the field in front of your enemy, but on top of your enemy?

It would if you know where it is. I havent said that this was the only way to use 200+ mm arty ))) 

25 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

Now, this idea I like. What say you @Oleksandr ? It'd be very educational to see these fascinating tactical tips of yours in action.

Rinaldi was saying something in my topic? I blocked him so I dont know what he is saying but whatever lol If somebody will use this and it will work for them - I will be more than happy. 

Just now, Oleksandr said:

Rinaldi was saying something in my topic? I blocked him so I dont know what he is saying but whatever lol If somebody will use this and it will work for them - I will be more than happy. 

He asked if you'd like to do a PBEM with him, to show your tactical tips in action. I say, go for it, this could be really interesting.

3 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

It would if you know where it is. I havent said that this was the only way to use 200+ mm arty ))) 

Ah, my mistake. I assumed that if you were willing to make a fast mounted advance across open ground, you would have some knowledge of the enemy positions, potential or actual.

27 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

Now, this idea I like. What say you @Oleksandr ? It'd be very educational to see these fascinating tactical tips of yours in action.

You can play with someone or against AI and check those things if you want. I mean thats why Im posting them. Yet many people here thinking that they can put out of the contest what I am saying or showing and by that they think they can make this super vieweble topic less interesting for other players. I guess someone still didnt got one thing - Im stronger than 2nd amendment lol But again - you guys can do whatever you so desire) There are few people on this forum with whom I will never talk, dicuss or get involved in any  type of activity. So i mean if someone will do "myth busting" thing it will make me only more popular lol. Last time those people tried to do harm to my posts I won a medal here on this forum lol 

And there will be so many more content going on man you dont even know... Like right after I post this reply there will be actually new content))) 

You can play with someone or against AI and check those things if you want. I mean thats why Im posting them. Yet many people here thinking that they can put out of the contest what I am saying or showing and by that they think they can make this super vieweble topic less interesting for other players. I guess someone still didnt got one thing - Im stronger than 2nd amendment lol But again - you guys can do whatever you so desire) There are few people on this forum with whom I will never talk, dicuss or get involved in any  type of activity. So i mean if someone will do "myth busting" thing it will make me only more popular lol. Last time those people tried to do harm to my posts I won a medal here on this forum lol 

And there will be so many more content going on man you dont even know... Like right after I post this reply there will be actually new content))) 

I'd try your tips myself, but as I said, I don't own Black Sea and also I'm a bit of a newbie in Combat Mission. It'd be more educational seeing someone more familiar with the game put your tactical tips into action. Like you and Rinaldi, for example. Although heck, if I bought BS then I wouldn't mind playing a PBEM or two.

2 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

He asked if you'd like to do a PBEM with him, to show your tactical tips in action. I say, go for it, this could be really interesting.

Ah, my mistake. I assumed that if you were willing to make a fast mounted advance across open ground, you would have some knowledge of the enemy positions, potential or actual.

I have wonderful friends with whom Im playing and some of them are not on this forum and also I have few people with whom Im working on maps and campign. And its players kind of thing to decide weather to use something or not. There will be 0 attention given to certain people because I have my reasons for that. So I mean you guys need to figure what will work for you the best on your own. And one more thing if you have any questions or like any suggestions - feel free to msg me. 

Just now, Oleksandr said:

I have wonderful friends with whom Im playing and some of them are not on this forum and also I have few people with whom Im working on maps and campign. And its players kind of thing to decide weather to use something or not. There will be 0 attention given to certain people because I have my reasons for that. So I mean you guys need to figure what will work for you the best on your own. And one more thing if you have any questions or like any suggestions - feel free to msg me. 

Well, dashed shame that. You vs Rinaldi would be a real sight to see. Still, you should take up ||CptJoe||'s offer.

28 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

You know it’s sad to hear you say that, as a very wise man once said, if you block someone, they win. @Rinaldi I guess you won. 

C7267E60-D75D-4481-9A35-AF7717D885E6.jpeg

Edited by sid_burn

What I would suggest for those who would like to test those concepts is actually go to your game folder, double click on your game app, start a game and then like try to do what I did. 

So basically if you have a friend, or like if you like playing against AI - you can create your own multiplayer game, or like QB - and then you just like pick your units (follow me on this one) and then you like actually start playing the game and see for yourself. Then... I will lead you through lol Then if something worked perfectly or became a handy tool of yours - I'm glad you found something usefull from my posts and you are welcome. By the way dont forget that there are advices of other players here on this forum. 

Now it can happen go other way - you can start a game right, and then like start playing... and then suddenly some of those things I wrote here will not work... Well then that means that something went wrong right? In that particular case I have to say that Im sorry that it didnt worked out for you. 

And that is that. 

So as usual - I hope those things what Im posting here - and tons of stuff what was posted by other players in earlier pages will work for you. If it will not - well do not do that) 

After all what we do here is sharing of our own experiences about this wonderful game. We not proving each other if something right or wrong because the world is so beautiful and there are so many ways to do things right and there are so many ways to do things wrong that "being right" or "being wrong" is something what is never there. Nobody can tell you how to play the game - and nobody can judge you on how you do this or that. What we can do - is to share. Now there are people I have no desire talking to and their ideas and approaches are not interesting for me. It is obvius that that group of people are more disturbed as I am and this is giving me pleasure of some sort - after all haters will hate))) 

I never said that what Im saying here is the only way to do things. And I put a note on my recent posts. So there will be no battles, no testings, no provements and no attention to those whom I dont want talking to. I bought a game, I register on this wonderful forum, I found some friends - I found some haters. Its ok. Its life. So I will be doing my thing - and they will do their thing. 

I've said it many times - if you dont like what Im saying or posting - Im really sorry for dissapointing you. But you know it is life people are getting frustrated sometimes. And since I value my time - I will spend it on things I like to spend it. Last time I looked on the map (and it was today lol) - America was a country of freedom. So Enjoy your freedom and I will enjoy mine. Now important note - >

NOTE - if some of you thinks that creating fake accounts and liking each other posts and phrases will do anything to me you guys are wrong. More over if same group of people will flood in my topic I will write to battlefront admins and will say that my topic is getting bombarded by haters with whom I have no desire to talk to. So my advice would be - if you dont like what im saying - dont follow that. If you dont like me - dont talk to me. If you thinnk that you will make me feel uncomfortable - lol good luck lol lol lol. But if you will be creating fake accounts and will be trying to flood and so on I will ask official technical support to deal with it. I broke no rules by posting stuff here so guys for those who dont like me - lets just stay away from one another. I did my thing - Ive blocked you lol but you keep on coming - that can be stopped lol dont forget that) Now all of you gentlemen please check out my mods page I will post a thing there soon. Thank you for your attention - love you all and lets get back to doing  what we were doing. 

cehG9s9.jpg

30 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

Well, dashed shame that. You vs Rinaldi would be a real sight to see. Still, you should take up ||CptJoe||'s offer.

Nope the only thing you should do in life is follow the rules (paying taxes and all that),  obey the law, respect the Constitution of your country, and do what you think is right to do. Accepting offers is optional. Dont let public opinion to change you or make you feel obligated. You should recognize provocations my friend when they are appearing. Following provocations will only kill your time. Dont do that. Do your thing and some people will love it and some will hate it. Its ok. 

Edited by Oleksandr

Nope the only thing you should do in life is follow the rules (paying taxes and all that),  obey the law, respect the Constitution of your country, and do what you think is right to do. Accepting offers is optional. Dont let public opinion to change you or make you feel obligated. You should recognize provocations my friend when they are appearing. Following provocations will only kill your time. Dont do that. Do your thing and some people will love it and some will hate it. Its ok. 

Ah . . . k? Not sure why you're so up in arms about me suggesting a PBEM. I would have thought that someone with so many tactical tips to share would be quite happy to display them in action.

14 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

Ah . . . k? Not sure why you're so up in arms about me suggesting a PBEM. I would have thought that someone with so many tactical tips to share would be quite happy to display them in action.

Its not about you messaging me man. Its all good. By the way I hate making plugs into non related posts but... there is one unique mod what just came out - its acutally my first russian side mod to this game. 

Link to download: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5863

Screenshot to check out: 

Ii5lqFB.png

Good luck in your battles guys! 

37 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Its not about you messaging me man. Its all good. By the way I hate making plugs into non related posts but... there is one unique mod what just came out - its acutally my first russian side mod to this game. 

Link to download: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5863

Screenshot to check out: 

Ii5lqFB.png

Good luck in your battles guys! 

Thanks, but no thanks. The green gloves and balaclavas are a wee bit too bright for my tastes.