"...position what we've picked for our sniper team is perfect."

The problem is that when one checks LOS from a position, you can never be sure which soldier has the good LOS.   Similar issue with MG or gun teams.  The 3rd loader may have wonderful LOS, but the main weapon won't fire cos the gunner does not have LOS - and unfortunately, the CM2 engine doesn't automatically shift the main weapon to get good LOS.

Actually, the AI's ability to automatically move the main weapons to get good LOS to a desired target would be a good item to add to the wish list for CM3.

Edited by Erwin

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

"...position what we've picked for our sniper team is perfect."

The problem is that when one checks LOS from a position, you can never be sure which soldier has the good LOS.   Similar issue with MG or gun teams.  The 3rd loader may have wonderful LOS, but the main weapon won't fire cos the gunner does not have LOS - and unfortunately, the CM2 engine doesn't automatically shift the main weapon to get good LOS.

Actually, the AI's ability to automatically move the main weapons to get good LOS to a desired target would be a good item to add to the wish list for CM3.

Yup thats true - after some time sniper did got moved i2y4Asl.jpg

but I was still happy with his work 

cP9Ka1c.jpg

2 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Today is the 242nd Birthday of the US Marines.

W0naLL4.png

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs! 

Why Thank You. I served from 72 to 76 in the Marine Corps, then the rest of my twenty years in the US Army (Arty, Light, Mech)

On 11/9/2017 at 2:20 AM, Oleksandr said:

1st rocket position 1 - T-72B3. then cannon - 2 BMP 3 then reposition then going back then - T-72B3. Not bad for a 23 mm and few rockets lol (or maybe last tank was done by a cannon I dont actually remember). The moral of this story - use buildings and terrain to support your angles and always open fire first (positioning). 

Wrong.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:33 AM, Oleksandr said:

Short Advice: while playing as NATO forces do not use strykers those are $H&t. We really need a dragoon version of it in this game. I was shocked how terrible it is... when I frist time used it and saw that you only got MG or MK on it I was like... wow thats worse than btr-82A... and only mtlb can be worse than russian btr... I was like Jesus man... BTR-4 remains the most powerful apc in the game. I want dragoon though... 

[image]

You know generally when someone puts themselves in a position of authority and starts doling out advice; they're expected to get basic facts right. Kinda takes away from their advice otherwise. "This vehicle is poor, try to avoid it" isn't advice, its an opinion, and a wholly subjective one ;).

On 11/9/2017 at 9:14 AM, BTR said:

I do not agree. Strykers with .50 make a excellent anti light armor platforms such as MTLBs and BTR-82s. Despite the latter having proper IFV weaponry (6MB and A variants) they have worse (and much worse in case of 6MB) optical packages and usually go belly up when engaged by HMG fire. Stryker tactical offensive worth might be overall lower than general 30mm armed AFVs, but they are certainly not a thing to ignore.  

This is actual useful advice for how to employ a platform re: Identify its strengths and the observed weaknesses of the enemy and play to them. 

Edited by Rinaldi

1 minute ago, Rinaldi said:

Wrong.

You know generally when someone puts themselves in a position of authority and starts doling out advice; they're expected to get basic facts right. Kinda takes away from their advice otherwise. "This vehicle is poor, try to avoid it" isn't advice, its an opinion, and a wholly subjective one ;).

This is actual useful advice for how to employ a platform re: Identify its strengths and the observed weaknesses of the enemy and play to them. 

You are absolutely right man and thats why I wrote this on a previous page, "Gentlemen I would like to highlight few things - its your right to ignore my advices. If you guys think that I'm wrong in someting please feel free to say it. Furthermore, please feel free to critisize what I'm writing here. To all those spell checkers and those who are checking on my typing errors - yes my English is pretty bad and I admit that. There is absolutely no reason for you to follow those things I'm advising.  Last but not least, when I've said that I'm a Veteran I meant that I'm a veteran of this game not a real veteran of any country. I've been playing this game since "barbarossa to berlin" game. All of you can think that you know everything better than me, that my opinion is always wrong and that it isnt based on anything except of my personal and very subjective veiws. I'm ok with that, afterall I'm not a 100 dollar bill (those being loved by everyone lol)." 

1) I haven't made a comment about your English. It's perfectly legible. 

2) I assure you I am quite aware that it is in my best interest to ignore your tactical opinions

3) We have taken the liberty to tell you when you are wrong - your reactions to it have been mixed at best. Copy pasting a comment is the type of lazy, fingers-in-ears response you've had to basically any type of constructive or fact-based posts you've seen contrary to your own views.

2 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

All of you can think that you know everything better than me, that my opinion is always wrong and that it isnt based on anything except of my personal and very subjective veiws. I'm ok with that, afterall I'm not a 100 dollar bill (those being loved by everyone lol)." 

:rolleyes: 

Just now, Rinaldi said:

2) I assure you I am quite aware that it is in my best interest to ignore your tactical opinions

3) We have taken the liberty to tell you when you are wrong - your reactions to it have been mixed at best. Copy pasting a comment is the type of lazy, fingers-in-ears response you've had to basically any type of constructive or fact-based posts you've seen contrary to your own views.

I feel like this post is more suitable for a more lesser forums like the COD ones or battlefield forums, I always felt like the BF forums deserve a more formal and respectful tone when dealing with other people. Please keep your tone friendly.

Just now, Rinaldi said:

Well what can I say man, I am who I am man. I do appreciate your point and your honesty. Eventhough you disagree with me I appreciate that you are straight in saying it into my face. I respect that. It is always better to hear unpleasant things in your face then being stabbed in the back. So eventhough you seem like you highly oppose my views I do respect your honesty. Moreover, I would like to thank you for your critisism because without it I would not see a huge mistake I've made in one of my previous posts - I did made a mistake when was talking about 23 mm gun when in reality its 25. Thank you man. 

4 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Well what can I say man, I am who I am man. I do appreciate your point and your honesty. Eventhough you disagree with me I appreciate that you are straight in saying it into my face. I respect that. It is always better to hear unpleasant things in your face then being stabbed in the back. So eventhough you seem like you highly oppose my views I do respect your honesty. Moreover, I would like to thank you for your critisism because without it I would not see a huge mistake I've made in one of my previous posts - I did made a mistake when was talking about 23 mm gun when in reality its 25. Thank you man. 

If you respect his honesty why don't you respect that he's right and that you've been wrong about the stryker and your opinions being correct.

Just now, Sulomon said:

If you respect his honesty why don't you respect that he's right and that you've been wrong about the stryker and your opinions being correct.

Because I dont think he is right. I think that stryker is a terrible thing not worth of spending money on. The only version of it I think is "sort of ok" is that "Dragoon" with a turret from general dynamics. And I dont reccoment to use stryker against BTR's. So I mean I like that there are people who can be straight forward, but that doesnt mean that I'm giving up my position. In fact Im standing my ground. Just because few people told me that I'm wrong doenst make me wrong at all. Thats simply a popular opinion. You have your right to share it. 

2 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Because I dont think he is right. I think that stryker is a terrible thing not worth of spending money on. The only version of it I think is "sort of ok" is that "Dragoon" with a turret from general dynamics. And I dont reccoment to use stryker against BTR's. So I mean I like that there are people who can be straight forward, but that doesnt mean that I'm giving up my position. In fact Im standing my ground. Just because few people told me that I'm wrong doenst make me wrong at all. Thats simply a popular opinion. You have your right to share it. 

You don't seem to grasp the concept opinions can be wrong such as your opinion on the stryker.  And these few people made actual arguments which you ignore by ignorantly going "my opinion" instead of actually proposing a decent counterargument.

8 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Do you know about the CM discord, it's quite large I think you would be a good fit there, I shall pm you the link.

6 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

The only version of it I think is "sort of ok" is that "Dragoon" with a turret from general dynamics. And I dont reccoment to use stryker against BTR's.

What about the M1128 MGS, or the M1134 ATGM variants? And for that matter, what about all the other variants such as the M1129 mortar carrier, the M1132 Engineer vehicle, the M1133 medical evacuation vehicle, or the M1131 fire support vehicle? Are all these variants of the stryker bad? Do they all need to be able to kill BTRs? If so, why should an ambulance variant of the stryker have to kill enemy vehicles when other ambulance variants of other vehicles do not?

11 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

I think that stryker is a terrible thing not worth of spending money on. The only version of it I think is "sort of ok" is that "Dragoon" with a turret from general dynamics. And I dont reccoment to use stryker against BTR's. 

I think you are vastly underestimating what a Stryker equipped unit can do. For example, let’s hypothetically say in the future that Pro-Russian ukranians have finally taken over and NATO needs to put them down. Now let’s imagine a likely scenario. 

Ukranians BTR4s swarm a Stryker unit, Domigo “cholo” Chuerrero and his main ombré Jamal Jackson take position with javelins, they effortlessly destroy the flower of Ukranian AVs. See why the Stryker is still used? 

Just now, Sulomon said:

You don't seem to grasp the concept opinions can be wrong such as your opinion on the stryker.  And these few people made actual arguments which you ignore by ignorantly going "my opinion" instead of actually proposing a decent counterargument.

Let make it simple for you my unknown friend. I don't find those arguments acceptable. When I moved to this wonderful country almost 10 years ago I was inspired by the freedom of the speech, freedom of religion and 2nd amendment. I was told that this is the land of the free because of the brave. And I do share that concept even today. Thats why I want American warriors, those brave men and women who are keeping us safe by pushing frontlines away from our borders run on the best APC's possible. The greatest nation in the world deserves to run on greatest hardware and Stryker isnt an example of that hardware. So if the price for my will to see our soldiers well protected and well armed is to be mocked on some forum where Im trying to share my experience related to a strategy game - so be it. God Bless America my friends. And Glory to Ukraine. Now I've said everything. If you want to discuss more - please feel free to message me. I will keep on posting here tactical tricks I use and its your right to ignore them gentlemen. 

ACR7O3V.jpg

Now if you will forgive me I have some ladies to screw and some whiskey to drink (afterall its sunday).

Честь имею. 

Maybe we need to have it made explicit whether we are talking about what works in the game vs in RL.   I was interpreting Olek's points as what works in the game.  That is also what inspires my own comments.   CM2 is a game.  I thought we were all here trying to learn how to be better players.

Edited by Erwin

I am of a firm belief that most of what works IRL, bar with some gamey exceptions like when working around trees that eat APFSDS, works in CM. I don't particularly find it any fun to come up with tactics that only work inside CM because I can't relate to that. As such I do not find it fun to go against opponents that use cookie cutter tactics, so I don't see a need to propagate that play-style and therefore I don't think we need an explicit distinction of where what tactics are applied. 

As a fun experiment I whipped out a rando page of some rather dated marine light armor employment material (for you eng speakers) and as I expected - stuff that is said there can also be applied in CM 100% ^_^

rTnTgHL.jpg