3 hours ago, IanL said:

Check out @Oleksandr's mods here: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?author=79

I strongly suspect the one you want is there somewhere.

Only skins with camouflage are in Oleksandr-CMBS-Infantry-USskins with green gloves. The Ukrainian soldier in the picture does not have gloves and he has on his face a little different masking... Maybe someone else know where to find it...

Looks like that russian AK has also scope on it! Very suspicious this picture...

Edited by Marwek77 aka Red Reporter

Для тих побратимів що хочуть спробувати розгорнути механізований батальйон у захисті. Попри цю схему зрозумійте що гра не передає усі властивості піхоти та техніки і деякі елементи повинні бути змінені по ходу гри з посиланням на движок. For those Brothers Who would like to set up Mechanized Battalion Deffense "by the book".  Yet keep in mind that this game doesnt simulate everything as it is in life so you might correct certain elements.

whqg6p1.jpg

Для тих хто розуміється на картоскладанні побудова оборони у більш динамічному виді. 
Це вже може бути (і є) сценарієм для мап та боїв у грі. Але знову ж таки треба робити поправки зважаючи на движок гри. 

Dont get confused guys this is just for few guys on the forum who I know are there - its for scenario purposes and for map crafting. It describes defence build up of a MB in a more dynamic way. Most of you guys can ignore that. That will work only for PRE-SET UP games and it is not likely to work in your regular player vs player or player vs ai type of games - for things like this you actually need to build up maps - specail places for IFV's and so on. Just an inside thing in a public space lol. Sorry for confusion.  

Yz86r3c.jpg

Sorry for kind of off topic, couldn't find a more appropriate thread. Does having a commander in an MT-LB(M whatever) add the same spotting bonus as in BMP's? Are there any other vehicles where this might apply, like maybe M3A3 since it's only gunner and driver by default? 

Also I'm sure this has been suggested multiple times, but I would love the option to split the squad commander in a future update :rolleyes:

Edited by Kozlice

5 minutes ago, Erwin said:

So to ensure the CO is in the "command seat" does one have to BAIL OUT everyone first?  And then what order to embark?

Dismount everyone.  Split teams.  Leader of first team to load gets the leader's seat.

It's easy to tell for certain squads/fire teams (platoon/company commanders, B fire teams, snipers, rpg teams, etc.) - when they are dismounted, the leader will have a certain subtitle (or whatever you call the text under the weapon icon) other than "Ldr." ("Commander", "Assistant", "Marksman" or whatever), if it changes to "Ldr" when boarded, that means they assumed the vehicle commander position. However, it's not that easy with your average squad, where even when dismounted, the leaders have "Ldr." subtitle. No need to dismount driver/gunner either way.

I wonder if anyone knows, whether commander not being in the same platoon or even company as the driver/gunner has any effect on how they communicate (spotted targets) within the vehicle. 

Edited by Kozlice

7 hours ago, Kozlice said:

It's easy to tell for certain squads/fire teams (platoon/company commanders, B fire teams, snipers, rpg teams, etc.) - when they are dismounted, the leader will have a certain subtitle (or whatever you call the text under the weapon icon) other than "Ldr." ("Commander", "Assistant", "Marksman" or whatever), if it changes to "Ldr" when boarded, that means they assumed the vehicle commander position. However, it's not that easy with your average squad, where even when dismounted, the leaders have "Ldr." subtitle. No need to dismount driver/gunner either way.

I wonder if anyone knows, whether commander not being in the same platoon or even company as the driver/gunner has any effect on how they communicate (spotted targets) within the vehicle. 

Check this:

4jjlxrC.png

5 hours ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

Check this:

I'm not sure this is what you meant, but I just double checked and "Leader: Spotting" and Open up command appear even for the 2nd squad (the one whose leader is NOT in the commander seat).

Edited by Kozlice

20 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

The dedicated crew (Gunner & Driver) can stay in the vehicle. But everybody else OUT!

Thanks for the clarification.  Posters keep saying "unload all" (see picture above) which is very confusing.

9 hours ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

Check this:

4jjlxrC.png

This is kind off awesome. It would be cool if they would add a feature when Igla soldier would be able to shoot with his AA system while vehicle is moving (in real life people do shoot with Iglas on the move but mostly from BTRs).

1 hour ago, Kozlice said:

Btw, if I may ask, is this a pre 1.04 version of the game or did you tweak Kieme's BMP turret textures (are they even Kieme's)?

Its Kieme's BMP, nothing else.

58 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

To summarise, unload the passengers, split off and/or select the element you wish to act as Commander and have them remount.....Simples.

This is how i wanted to say it.

If you just add Igla Man and later dismount squad,  Igla Man stays somewhere in the back of the BMP and the commander seat stays empty.

To avoid it do as said: unload the passengers, split off and/or select the element you wish to act as Commander and have them remount in setup or even later during the game.

I see; his bmp-2 turrets do not look right when used on 1.04 or above (battlefront changed the size), while yours do, I might be blind though 

I see; his bmp-2 turrets do not look right when used on 1.04 or above (battlefront changed the size), while yours do, I might be blind though 

That's because Battlefront changed some of the textures for 1.04, and Kieme didn't update his modes.

Edited by Splinty