Lend-Lease stuff coming soon?

I remember the plan was for another DLC that would take CMRT to the end of the war but it has been years waiting at this point. So now I'm just asking if there will be something like the vehicle pack, where we can finally get the Lend-Lease equipment, even without scenarios or campaigns to match.

11 hours ago, IanL said:

No one has said that is not in the plan. What is not clear is what is next and what is after that. I am sure they will get there...

Alright, but waiting years for DLC is a bit unusual. It seems like porting over a vehicle pack would be quicker and easier than an actual full module.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:04 AM, Apocal said:

Alright, but waiting years for DLC is a bit unusual. It seems like porting over a vehicle pack would be quicker and easier than an actual full module.

It's not just the vehicles though is it, it's how those vehicles fit into the Soviet TOE.....Looking forward to having them though.  B)

A few months ago I was arguing (debating) with Steve over inclusion of Valentine IX. He was of the opinion that attrition had so reduced Valentine numbers that by war's end their impact would be insignificant. I was lucky enough to find some late war Russian vehicle lists on the internet that showed a surprisingly robust Valentine presence. It appears Valentine attrition was quite low. They were as reliable as a hammer with a frontal profile the size of T-70 making them hard to hit

Oh lord, where's that data info... Here it is! Valentine mentions are underlined. It also includes vehicle count for other lend-lease vehicles.

3rd Tank Corps March 1944
Included 69 T-34s, 6 Mk IX Valentines, 2 SU-152s, 1 SU-85, 11 SU-76

16th Tank Corps March 1944
Included 66 T-34s, 7 Mk IX Valentines, 11 SU-85, 12 SU-76

19th Tank Corps April 1944
Total with attachments: 25 T-34, 34 TO-34, 61 Mk IX Valentines, 2 Mk VII Valentines, 1 SU-85, 42 SU-76,10 BA-64, 10 Universal APCs
.....80th Tank Brigade
..........Totals: 3 T-34, 19 TO-34, 29 Mk IX Valentines
.....102nd Tank Brigade
..........Totals: 4 T-34, 15 TO-34, 29 Mk IX Valentines
.....91st Motorcycle Battalion
..........Totals: 3 Mk IX Valentines, 2 Mk VII Valentines, 10 BA-64,
10 Universal APCs

3rd Guards Tank Corps 15 August 1944
Included 99 M4A2 Shermans, 23 Mk IX Valentines

1st Mechanized Corps May 1944
Included 136 M4A2 Shermans, 44 Mk IX Valentines, 5 Mk X Valentines,
21 SU-76, 21 SU-85, 43 BA-64, 47 M3A1 Scout APCs

5th Mechanized Corps 20 August 1944
Included 1 T-34, 4 T-70, 29 Mk IX Valentines, 90 M4A2 Shermans,
14 SU-76, 6 Mk II Matildas

3rd Guards Mechanized Corps 22 June 1944
Total 196 tanks, including 110 M4A2 Shermans, 70 Mk IX Valentines, 16 T-34s
20 July 1944:
total of 11 T-34s, 26 Mk IX Valentines, 35 M4A2 Shermans
January 1945:
Total 176 M4A2 Shermans, including 108 with 76mm cannon,
plus 21 Mk IX Valentines
9th Guards Mechanized Corps 10 August 1944
Included 100 M4A2 Shermans, 40 Mk IX Valentines, 3 SU-76
5 December 1944:
included 26 Mk IX Valentines, 126 M4A2 Shermans, 11 SU-76s

154th Tank Regiment (in 8th Cavalry Division 2 Aug 43 to 11 May 45)
1 October 1944:
in 5th Guards Cavalry Corps, included 5 T-34, 5 Mk IX Valentines,
10 SU-76s

250th Tank Regiment (13th Guards Cavalry Division)
1 October 1944:
in 5th Guards Cavalry Corps, included 27 T-34,1 x T-70,
8 Mk IX Valentines, 2 SU-85, 5 SU-76

4th Motorcycle Regiment 20 August 1944
in 6th Guards Tank Army, included 10 Mk IX Valentines, 4 SU-57s
August 1944, no exact date:
At least partially equipped with US Lend Lease
Harley-Davidson motorcycles with sidecars (from photograph)
This unit became:

4th Guards Motorcycle Regiment (after 12 Sep 44)
5 December 1944:
in 6th Guards Tank Army, included 11 Mk IX Valentines, 3 SU-57s

6th Motorcycle Regiment 14 January 1945
had tank company with 10 Mk IX Valentines, artillery battalion
with 2 4-gun batteries of SU-57s, 1 battery of ZIS-3 76mm guns towed
by M3A1 Scout cars, a Machinegun company of 12 Maxims in jeeps,
A company of submachinegunners in 13 M3A1 scout cars
NOTE: A practically all Lend Lease - equipped Unit!

87th Motorcycle Battalion (2nd Tank Army)
March 1944:
included 9 Mk IX Valentines
Edited by MikeyD

There's certain vehicles that have come into the game(s) where I think to myself "I'm so excited! Players are going to LOVE this!" then the vehicles' inclusion goes entirely un-commented on. Aaaaagh! Clenched fists of frustration! That's the burden of being an ex-hobby modeler in a world of wargamers. We get excited about different things. ^_^

Valentine%20IX_1.jpg

On 19-6-2017 at 4:19 PM, IanL said:

No one has said that is not in the plan. What is not clear is what is next and what is after that. I am sure they will get there...

Personally I think some info regarding CMRT is long overdue. I don't expect a release date, but a general picture would be welcome.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:21 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It's not just the vehicles though is it, it's how those vehicles fit into the Soviet TOE.....Looking forward to having them though.  B)

As far as I know, the LL vehicles were slotted into the existing TOE in exactly in place of their Soviet equivalents. Certainly, the Soviet Shermans weren't running around in platoons of five and companies of eighteen like in the US Army.

16 hours ago, MikeyD said:

A few months ago I was arguing (debating) with Steve over inclusion of Valentine IX. He was of the opinion that attrition had so reduced Valentine numbers that by war's end their impact would be insignificant. I was lucky enough to find some late war Russian vehicle lists on the internet that showed a surprisingly robust Valentine presence. It appears Valentine attrition was quite low. They were as reliable as a hammer with a frontal profile the size of T-70 making them hard to hit

In a game with Jagdtigers?

2 hours ago, DMS said:

I would exchange M4, ISU, Jagtiger and Ferdinand for a single Soviet style trench model below ground. And all SSmen and Axis countries for a good covered MG nest

Please remove this post. :D But seriously, quality before quantity, yes, I partly agree, but the Eastern front without the Waffen SS won't do in my opinion.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Generally BF goes quiet when they are rushing to complete a new release.

My regular fear is that this niche game is running out of steam with declining customer base dispersed over more and more separate titles (and forums) with fewer and fewer people playing each title (or posting on the forums).

Edited by Erwin

You know that I have only best wishes for BF.  I hope that they have govt contracts that are keeping them solvent while they produce entertainment for us.  But, I have been playing versions of CM for almost 20(!!) years now.  That's VERY successful and a VERY long time for a game that covers more or less the same topics. 

CM has been a phenomenon.  It's sad to see that activity on this site is now very low compared to a few years ago.  There are very few of us making nearly all the posts.  A whole generation of very well known CM enthusiasts who greatly improved past games with mods and scenarios have completely disappeared.  Just look at how the number of user-made scenarios and mods has plummeted with each new release. 

I certainly hope we'll get to see the whole of WW2 simulated per BF's plan.  But, how many years can an essentially early 2000's game system survive?  25 years?  30 years?  How old will some of us be by the time we get the 1939/40 era?  And how complex will the update procedure be when there are 20-30+ games in the family?   I very much hope that BF will give the entire CM system a full conceptual redesign in the not too distant future.

I know this might make me a rube, but the wait for modules for each game has let me branch out an explore the other titles. I started with CMFI, picked up RT and BS and picked up the modules for all three as they came out. I was lucky because whenever I had completed campaigns and started to run out of things to do in one title, a module would come out for the others.

The CMBS battle pack has made the wait for FI and RT modules a little easier. I know there's still Normandy and Final Blitzkrieg, but I would rather go deeper with the titles I have now, for the time being.

Ts4EVER,

Your are absolutely correct about weapons being supplied. A  Sherman, per both HSU Loza and The Standard Catalogue of Ordnance, shipped with a Thompson. It was for dismounted recon by the TC. Believe it also had six grenades of various types. That may also have been standard US load out. 

MikeyD,

I'm blown away not just by the Valentines, but by the fact that not only did your research (source, please) turn up a lot of Valentines late in the game, but Matilda IIs still active in August '44. Here's the plot twist. This afternoon I got to talk to brother Charles, formerly in Cardiff fixing airplane production woes, now in Cambridge. He usually works 17-hour days but went to Duxford (spent some 18 pounds to get in), where he saw and photographed lots of planes but also  got to go through the newly opened Land Warfare side as well. There, he saw a Valentine of the 2-pdr persuasion! 

On a separate note, please clarify the below part I've Bolded.

19th Tank Corps April 1944
Total with attachments: 25 T-34, 34 TO-3461 Mk IX Valentines, 2 Mk VII Valentines, 1 SU-85, 42 SU-76,10 BA-64, 10 Universal APCs

If those are really OT-34s, which I find all but impossible to fathom in such quantity, we are talking about a Tank Corps which has 25% of its tank strength in flamethrower tanks!  

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

CM has been a phenomenon.  It's sad to see that activity on this site is now very low compared to a few years ago.  There are very few of us making nearly all the posts.  A whole generation of very well known CM enthusiasts who greatly improved past games with mods and scenarios have completely disappeared.  Just look at how the number of user-made scenarios and mods has plummeted with each new release. 

You have a point. On the other hand we live in hasty times and people are getting busier and busier, because they don't want to miss out on anything and life is getting more and more restless. Dedicated modders are indeed getting fewer and fewer, but perhaps this tells us more about our society then about the CM games. You can also see this with other excellent games like the Total War series, IL-2 flight sim, Command Operations 2 and so on.

Personally I don't post often, but I play CM at least once or twice a week. With regard to the future of CM, well, I still don't see another game that comes even near to it, so I think we don't need to worry about the future too much.  I still think though that BF could do more to keep us posted about the development of what they are working on. I don't get the argument that it will only lead to lively discussions and wild speculation. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Aragorn2002

19 hours ago, IanL said:

No idea what you base that fear on. The number of people I see on multiple forums and who possess all the games and modules seems as healthy as ever.

I literally signed up to add to this thread.

A few friends of mine and I play Combat Mission Red Thunder but we never bothered to sign up in the forum. More of my friends played the older combat mission titles especially Barbarossa to Berlin. They didn't want to dish out the 60 plus bucks for specific theater/operation games of the same engine because they were used to the vast span of Barbarossa to Berlin. Can't blame em. I only like the Eastern Front and decided to buy Red Thunder years ago. And yes I updated to the new version 4.0 .

I understand the business model but not being on steam and charging per Operation 60 bucks and for upgrades is a bit strange, even in hardcore wargaming community- read- Gary Grigsby's, Graviteam tactics etc.  I hope it gets a Vistula winter Operation DLC.