Could anyone convert QB maps from BN or FI to BS?

On 7/17/2017 at 7:04 AM, DougPhresh said:

Can't run that .exe in wine, and I can't figure out how to use the python script on mac.

Do I type the file I want to convert into the script first?

On a console, do:

cd path_where_the_script_is

python3 btt_mutator.py YourMap.btt -t CMFI

If you want, I can walk you through it over teamviewer, just PM me.

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

TBH I was hoping to nick some of your Afghan CM:SF stuff so the Soviets could have a play on it in CM:A.....Couldn't get the convertor to work.  :(

I thought that might have been your motive ;)

TBH I think backwards compatibility will be a non-starter although CMSF-CMA would seem to be an easier prospect.  When I was helping @snake_eyewith runway markings for his CMRT Donetsk airport map, I saw that a lot of the tiles behave differently between CMSF and the newer stuff - rough tiles being the most obvious example. Despite this I am aware that you can port forward from CMSF because someone has converted a scenario from CMSF to CMRT.

I have tried and failed to get it to work - motivation being  that map making doesn't  require endless measuring and ALT TABing in the new titles.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:15 PM, sbobovyc said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B982H8gQa3LZaDNuM092RERXZEk

Example usage:

cm_btt_mutator.exe --type CMBS some_file.btt

--type can be CMSF,CMA,CMBN,CMFI,CMRT,CMBS

I have not tested this, let me know if you run into problems.

On 7/19/2017 at 1:08 PM, DougPhresh said:

Converted this from FI and it's already a fav in BS.

027Attk Large Town (steep hills).btt

This is pretty neat.  When I first opened a quick battle with this CMFI map in CMBS it was very slow and clunky moving around on the map.  I was afraid it wasn't going to work.  Then I restarted the QB and it is working fine.  Not sure what caused the initial problem.  Below are some screenshots.

JPqDw2Mh.jpg

DcHNO26h.jpg

Ukrainian troops patrolling in an Italian village.  (I don't know why they are there but it looks cool.) bZkCYv2h.jpg

Edited by MOS:96B2P

23 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Do you need to install Python to get this working on the PC?  I followed all the other steps but my PC wouldn't recognise the executable. 

I just clicked on the link for the map that @DougPhresh provided.  Then put it in my QB maps folder for CMBS.  I read in one of these threads that renaming the QB map file might help.  I don't have Python.  I am on a PC with Windows 10.    

The maps others have converted work fine for me (with the provisos noted above), but I can't get the convertor to work on my machine.  TBH this is probably a good thing, as knowing me I'd spend my time converting a zillion new maps rather than writing scenarios on the ones I already have!  ;)

@DougPhresh  Hey, I would LOVE to get all of your CMFI maps that were converted to CMBS.  I am playing the  027Attk Large Town (steep hills).btt map and it is awesome.

TOTALLY different experience with mech forces...movement paths are very tricky to control, especially for vehicles.  The terrain really cuts down on the utility of heavy forces as they are held to roads and can't quite go as freely cross country or should I say cross slope.

Maybe you can PM me?  Depending on how big it is, I would be happy to set up a shared Google or Dropbox folder...

Thanks...

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.46.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.46.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.46.30 PM.png

I only converted large and huge maps because I like Battalion-level, but if anyone who has played the other titles has tiny-small-medium maps that are really, really good, I'll take a crack at them.

Vanilla CMBN maps just flat-out don't work as much as I've tried. I think the issue might be hedgerows, but I'm not sure.

I like the screenshots and feedback, please let me know how these maps play out! Personally, it was a very rude awakening to have mostly dismounted US infantry, and Russian BTR formations were a wonderful surprise! 

e: fav formations have rapidly (and surpringly) become the U.S LRS platoon, loaded in Humvees (1x M2 and 1x Mk17 humvee per squad + attached snipers, JTAC whatever with their own Humvees and plt HQ mounted in the recce Humvees) and the Company from the Russian (New) Recce Battalion, (mix of AGS and PKM, with 3x attachments per squad as each Tigr can fit an additional 2 man team)

Edited by DougPhresh

@DougPhresh

THANKS!  

Yea I think the Yuge maps will be great. After all you can really play with the opposing forces to see how various scenarios will play out. I think some of the CMBN BP maps will be great. I tried some of the BP scenarios and loved the maps. 

CMFI offers a lot of variation---can't wait to try modern armor on those narrow mountain roads. :huh:

Nice one Doug....Top man.  B)

Do you have CM:A at all.....Now there's a game could do with some new maps (Nudge-nudge, say no more, nod's as good as a wink to a blind man.....Know what I mean guvnor!  ;)).  I suspect only CM:SF maps would work though and maybe not even those.

I did try to do this conversion myself but I couldn't get the map convertor to work.  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead