Polish Army

11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Eight wheels is all the rage these days isn't it, still it does look a cool (and tough) vehicle.

And the Polish are one of the NATO nations participating in a war in Ukraine or indeed elsewhere in Eastern Europe (eg a defense of the Baltic States and of their home country against Russian invasion in addition to our "official" NATO intervention in Ukraine). The Polish have some pretty cool equipment as well which is another good reason for the Polish army to be included

LUCASWILLEN05,

Generally, I like the video, but the VO was wildly not connected to what was being shown, which was somewhat disconcerting.

Guys,

The Rosomak is a very tough and highly survivable AFV, and further improvements have been made, as seen in a radical new form of slat armor now fitted to around 20 Rosomaks, doubtless for Afghanistan. The baseline vehicle, thanks to modular armor, can be fitted with protection which will stop a 30 mm cannon.

http://www.defence24.com/464525,rosomak-apc-receives-extra-protection-slat-armour-for-the-polish-vehicle

Regards,

John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2017 at 11:28 AM, LUCASWILLEN05 said:

I think this is a "must have" for Black Sea

First of all...

Must say I was extremely impressed with the Leopard 2 in high speed reverse! They must have great rear cameras to trust driving like that!

If the game designers decide to add the Polish forces, what piece of equipment would you be most excited by?

Maybe I am "strange," but those 1-2 man ATV's are at the top of my list...followed by the Leopard 2's and the Spike ATGMs in that order. I'm just imagining being able to recon faster with less fatigue using those ATVs.

Plus..there should be an improvement in troop quality(from better training) vs UKR forces. Did you know that the German Army and the Polish Army have combined their Leopard training school? That has got to be a good thing for the Poles!

cbennett88,

LIke your ATV idea, both for the Poles and the Ukrainians, especially after seeing some great pics Haiduk provided of the latter's SOF ATVs. Need to read up on Spike. The Israeli weapon I first learned of in the 1980s was an antitank rocket (not missile) which was greatly improved by the addition of a simple strap-on inertial guidance package which kept the rocket on its original course but couldn't be altered after launch. As for the last, I shall await the Polish version of Panzerlied. Here's the start, but I want a cool video.

Burza owoce lub śnieg

No, I don't speak Polish. Google Translate can be used in strange ways, though. Don't know how to pronounce Polish, but it looks problematic in terms of being able to make the melody work, rather like all those Romance language songs ending in vowels which are oft difficult to do in English because our nouns and verbs are vowel poor, making it hard to create rhymes. Would suggest someone take a crack at doing Panzerlied in english, but that might not go over well with the Mods!

Regards,

John Kettler 

10 hours ago, John Kettler said:

I shall await the Polish version of Panzerlied

John Kettler

Lol!

I admit I am not up on WWII Wehrmacht songs like you. Had to Google it. Came up with Youtube clips of Robert Shaw as Wehrmacht panzer commander and then an explanation on Wikipedia. 

Not sure Poles are going to "go that far" with absorbing German tank training. ;) 

Thanks for the laugh though!