Artofwar

Installing Normandy on new pc

Uh hello,  I finally got a new pc Ok so the last time I played Normandy I had just recently bought the version 2 upgrade. Ok so anyway I noticed a thread "Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips "

so this gives an idea of how long it has been ok so I want to install Normandy on this new pc. 

From reading on the forums it seems I just go for it more than likely I have some "Activations" left ok so what should I do just reinstall it on the new pc ??

Oh I know what is the install order I have the original Normandy Wait one of my disks reads there is a version 3 out (1/2015) Ok so I wrote that statement on a disk 

Ok so I have the disk I made when I bought the game then I have Normandy Upgrade which I think I had to buy that at some point then I also have 2.01 patch for version 2.0 upgrade I saved this to a disk too.  I do not think I ever bought version 3.  So is there an install order for some pleeb like myself that owns this outdated stuff.  

I also remembering backing up all kinds of stuff a z folder or something I did about 1,000 different tweaks in the game I even edited out some of the voice files to do away with the cussing whoo hoo 

Thanks for the reply 

no replies so I'm just going to install it - from reading other threads seems the other modules do not install easily assuming I get it working I figure no use in buying any other modules. whoo hoo 

43 minutes ago, Artofwar said:

So is there an install order for some pleeb like myself that owns this outdated stuff. 

Yes, yes there is. Read this:

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127908

Another possibility would be to buy the v4 engine upgrade and download the all in one installer. That mean you only have to run a single install program.

I went to my account and it looks like at some point I bought version 3.0 but I don't see it anywhere in my saved disks of Normandy but then it looks like I can download it so I did and or am at this moment 15/16 min left but its version 3.11 I think somewhere I read just install this entire download and everything works fine - I think now I do have it somewhere not to find it whoo hoo 

Thanks lanL  I found my version 3 I bought eons ago and a patch 3.11 or something I left it on a harddrive cause it would not fit on a CD DVD Disk I need to put it on a zip drive 

thanks for reply I will read it and apply the info to me finding the version 3 and the patch 

Edited by Artofwar

Ok  I re downloaded the file I downloaded back in 2014 it was bought on December 31st 2014 with this file I simply unzip it and install it no need to do the 3.11 patch as it is already 3.11 this must be the all in one. so it works and I put my z folder into it that I saved that was made back in 2015. 

Ok so when I pull up a map to use I get the red text of death message since I don't have this module thing can I just delete the respective .brz file. screen shot is included of my data folder what in the data folder in this screenshot can I delete the only thing I own is CM Normandy version 3.11 thats it no vehicle pack nothing. 

re size.jpg

data folder.png

Delete files??? Don't do that - buy the latest modules and get it all activated :)

Kidding aside you don't need to delete anything. If the scenarios and campaigns being greyed out really bothers you you could move the .btt and .cam files to a different folder for safe keeping.

Oh and there is a 3.12 patch you can get - then you will be up to date.

Ok so I am going to install the 3.12 update but problem is it may change what is in my z folder if those mods are out of date right ?????????????????

Maybe I should do nutin 

It is typically recommended to TEMPORARILY move your 'Z folder' to somewhere else (outside of the directory structure of the CM game you're updating) when installing a patch or upgrade. Typically most mods are NOT going to behave differently. Once you can confirm that CM has updated properly, then you can simply move the Z folder back to where it came from OR you can move the mods in one-at-a-time to a new Z folder (that you create) within your CM directory. Typically the most problematic mods are ones that modify text strings. I highly suggest removing any such text string modifying mods if you don't do anything else before upgrading.