Command Friction 2.0

13 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

2nd Platoon - 2nd Platoon, like 1st, does have a C2 link to Company HQ (see the image below)... so they can be given a New Task... I know last turn I said they couldn't because the Company HQ wasn't on the map.. however I'm figuring this out as I go..

EDIT:  Looking back at my last turn post this platoon definitely did NOT have a C2 link to the Company HQ... I don't think I ever noticed before that prior to an HQ coming in as a reinforcement the C2 link gets activated (for radio comms) a turn or two prior.  I found this very interesting... by the way, in the next turn 4th Platoon also gets a comm link established with Company HQ. 

I made an interesting discovery this morning... after reviewing the previous turn I noticed that the 2nd Platoon was definitely NOT in C2 Range (no command link to Company HQ)...

Image from the 38th minute:

00-38+-02.jpg

...yet, this turn they definitely have a communication link and are within C2 Range.  

it was surprise to me, as stated in the quote above, that comm links are established with HQs prior to them even entering the map, and it is driven by how close they are to arrival.  Maybe this is only new and interesting to me... ;)  ...seriously, it never mattered prior to using these rules.

Image from the 37th minute:

38-2nd+Platoon.JPG

Edited by Bil Hardenberger

5 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

it was surprise to me, as stated in the quote above, that comm links are established with HQs prior to them even entering the map, and it is driven by how close they are to arrival.  Maybe this is only new and interesting to me... ;)  ...seriously, it never mattered prior to using these rules.

Like I said before, using rules like this makes one really appreciate the intricacies of the C2 system, especially since your Pixeltruppen's lives now depend on it.

16 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nope.....I'm British, not American.  :mellow:

What I actually meant was 'titbit'.....Apparently the hyphen is not needed.

Ah, you're right.. how embarassing for me :wacko: I always try to aim for British English, but I had no idea this was one of the spelling differences. In any case, apologies for derailing this thread.

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

In any case, apologies for derailing this thread.

That's okay, its been a good gauge showing the amount of interest that there is in this little project.  

Seriously, I think I have shown enough gameplay anyway.  Anybody with any interest in trying it out is free to use the rules and the templates that I have posted links for.  If you do try it, please let me know how you get on.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:47 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I've been watching with great interest, I just don't feel I can offer any particularly useful input.....This thread has already affected the way I play CM (switched to Iron, paying much more attention to C2), but I don't think I'm up to the 'book-keeping' of the full system yet.

I just wish CM would have something above 'Iron Mode' as I find it's not enough...For starters, Scouts give to much C&C info to other units all in the same or next turn.