CMx2 Series Questions

First off,

Hello everyone and thanks for taking some time to read this. So while I am a complete noob to this series I am not one to "sim" games similar to this. I have meddled with DCS World, Operation Flashpoint (the old ones), the Arma series, etc. So my main thing is I have played the Demo for Normandy and like it and have watched several videos about the other games but I still have some questions that I hope the community can answer. Also, sorry if I asked anything that was already answered in another thread. Thanks again all and I can't wait to dive into the series.

- Would the Normandy Big Bundle be the way to go for content and mod support or are any of the other CM games more bang for your buck?

- How does CM Fortress Italy and Final Blitzkrieg hold up in terms of content/mods?

- Does Black Sea or Afghanistan have more content/community support?

59 minutes ago, Commissar1032 said:

- Would the Normandy Big Bundle be the way to go for content and mod support or are any of the other CM games more bang for your buck?

Normandy is the fat cat for the factors you specify, if for no other reason than that except for CM:SF it has been around the longest, and therefore more time and effort has been invested in scenarios and mods.

Michael

Just now, IanL said:

If you get the big bundle it should already be version 4. The version 4 upgrade is for those of us that had the older version.

Okay, thanks for the timely reply. I just ordered it now, again I can't wait to see what mods are out there. Maybe give a few months or so I will look into CM:FB and Italy/Gustav line as well. Hell they all look like money well burned. 

54 minutes ago, IanL said:

Many of us feel that way. With the big bundle you will have a lot of content.

Mods can be found here: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?cat=4 when you are ready.

Hello IanL,

Thanks for the reply and the link I might be asking a few questions in the future and if you or anyone else wants to play or bs here is my Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/commisr/

Hey all, one more question. 

If I was to choose between CM:FB and CM:RT which would be the best bang for your buck. I don't have an issue with either front and just want to know which one has more campaigns/unit diversity. I mean I know RT takes place durring the spring/summer and FB is fall/winter but I did see a winter overhaul for RT.

Edited by Commissar1032