Gunners with Kar. 98Ks

I just bought CMFB and I'm enjoying it so far. In several scenarios I've observed German PzGd squads--which in other titles have 2 Gunners with MG42s--in which one man marked "Gunner" only has a Kar. 98K (the other has an MG42 as usual). Just to make sure I don't have some sort of odd TO&E glitch, this is normal, right? I assume representing late-war equipment shortages?

• 1 month later...

This limitation does not seem to apply to German armoured pioneers: they always have two LMGs per squad. Did they have a higher priority for weapons compared to the panzergrenadiers? 

On 2017-07-11 at 2:03 PM, RockinHarry said:

wished the german paras in CM would be also cut down on automatic weaponry. In 1944/45 these wouldn´t be better armed than Luftwaffe infantry or army infantry, with all their shortages.

It would be interesting if the equipment quality options in the editor had wider-ranging effects compared to what it has now. For example: if you chose "poor", you would get platoon and company HQ's without radios, officers and NCO's without binoculars and German infantry with a zero chance of starting with panzerfausts, for example.

Edited by Kronolog

On 11.7.2017 at 2:03 PM, RockinHarry said:

wished the german paras in CM would be also cut down on automatic weaponry. In 1944/45 these wouldn´t be better armed than Luftwaffe infantry or army infantry, with all their shortages.

Actually, from my research I get the impression that the infantry was quite well equipped with personal weapons in the Ardennes, at least when it comes to assault rifles and the like.