Sign in to follow this  
Zenomorph

License key vs serial #??

Hi,

I got a new computer and am trying to get my multiple CM games working.  I went to my battlefront accounts page, downloaded (as an example) CMRT and once installation was complete launched the game.  A box comes up with options: launch, activate or buy now.  I was hoping that since I'd downloaded from my own accounts page, the game would just launch.  No dice.  So I chose "Activate" and a screen popped up asking to enter my serial number.  Now, at the time I purchased the game, I took a screenshot of the "Purchase Order" page and saved any relevant numbers as a text file so that in future events - such as this current one - I could simply cut and paste the number when asked to verify my purchase.  The ONLY # I see says "license key" and when I entered it, needless to say - and frustrating but not surprisingly - the license key # did not work.  There's the license key on my Purchase Order page under my accounts as well but nothing that says "Serial #".  So where do I find this mysterious "Serial #" that's kept hidden from the buyer?  

Thank you for any help and if Battlefront should read this I'd hope they make finding the serial number a remotely intuitive process.

The license key IS the serial number and vice versa. It is simply a matter of semantics with the license activation screen calling it a 'serial number'.

You have to make sure that you are copying ONLY the license key and not any 'white space' (before or after the license key). The license key will NOT have any part number info in it such as 'CMBS-HG', etc.

Have you already upgraded this installation to 4.0 or is it the original base game (which is 'game engine 3.x') ? If you have already installed the 4.0 Upgrade, then you will need to activate with the 4.0 Upgrade license key first and then launch the 'Activate New Products' shortcut and enter in the original license key (as described in the Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips in the Announcements section on top of the entire forum).

Ugh! Thanks so much!  But I'd just figured it out:  instead of cutting and pasting from the text file I had (which didn't work), I cut and pasted from my Battlefront account page...and it worked.  I seemed to recall I'd seen that kind of weirdness before and so I gave it a shot.  And yes - just to make sure - I did verify the two #s matched.  I still blame others (because that's how I roll) and so I hereby demand the semantics be uniform.

Seriously tho, thanks for taking the time, Schrullenhaft!

Sign in to follow this